You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector display orientation

George Papafilis

George Papafilis
Posted
Posted

After searching, I'm pretty sure there's no way to take a sector file and display it in euroscope's screen with a different orientation than magnetic north up. That would be useful in case of ground depicting configuration where the north up display of an airport is incovenient. I would like from the developers to confirm that orienting the display in a different way is indeed not possible at the moment (so that I stop searching) and comment whether that feature is something that is considered for the upcoming versions.

Phillip Powell 1062160
Posted
Posted

George,

I use Zafar Ballard's EGCC SMR sector file and it is orientated to approximately 140 degrees up. Hence the runways 23 - 05 are at the top and horizontal with respect to the screen.

I believe that it is done using a false magnetic variation, see Michael Pike's reply to viewtopic.php?f=71&t=49099 Euroscope display problem.

Regards

Phill

EGGP_TWR 126.350

generate.php?mid=1062160

Old PID 849479

George Papafilis
Posted
Posted

I found a -2.0 in the sct file I use, looking suspiciously like a magnetic variation. I changed it and indeed the orientation changed. It's not optimal because it's persistent on ES instance (requires a different sct file). I would like it persistent on an .asr basis, so that the grounds of many airports in the same ES instance all have their own orientation despite using the same .sct file.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The orientation is based on the sct file in the asr loaded. So the variation is taken from the sct file. For now that will not be change. You can simply copy the same sct file change the variation and load it when you want it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

How about a rotation value added to the .asr? (Implemented as a magvar offset.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I never said it will not be implemented, but is a low lever request for now.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I hear ya ... just suggesting an approach.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC