You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple Problems

Ross Bristo 1010003

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

As mentioned in another post, im making a set euroscope files for my FIR (EGPX). I have it 70% working and i have been ironing out issues with it over the last day or so. However, i have hit a brick wall with some problems and i cannot figure out what the problem is.

Below are 3 problems I'm have and the sectorline/sector definitions for the appropriate problems.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

1) [sOLVED]

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/Roscow550i/Flight_sim_02May26.jpg

In this screenshot, you will see that EGPK_APP is logged on and EGPX_CTR is bordering to the west and SCO_W_CTR has the responsibility of PF_APP (the northern line). However, SCO_W_CTR should also border EGPK_APP to the South east/west, you can see where i mean (its the only bit with a line missing.

I have gone through the sectorline definition and its says that if PKA and SCW is online, display that line.

Here is the definition for the problem sectorline:

SECTORLINE:PKA_SCW

DISPLAY:PKA:PKA:SCW

DISPLAY:SCW:SCW:PKA

COORD:N055.12.14.000:W005.02.34.000

COORD:N055.06.03.000:W004.14.19.000

COORD:N055.16.06.060:W003.38.30.373

COORD:N055.27.42.875:W004.14.01.685

2)

Flight_sim_01May26.jpg

In this screenshot, i'm on EGPX and SCO_W and SCO_E are online, i should only be able to see up to the TMA boundary, however you will see a line going in to the TMA that i can see. That line is the border between 2 approach position within the TMA and the SCO_W controller should only be able to see that.

Here is the sector definition:

SECTORLINE:PFA_PHA

DISPLAY:PFA:PFA:PHA

DISPLAY:PHA:PHA:PFA

COORD:N056.13.58.500:W003.44.57.050

COORD:N055.57.24.000:W003.54.17.000

COORD:N055.48.06.000:W003.54.11.000

COORD:N055.41.25.000:W003.43.24.000

3) [sOLVED]

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/Roscow550i/Flight_sim_04May26.jpg

In this screen shot, I'm on PF_APP and EGPX is bordering me all around as he controls the TMA when not online. However the line that separates PF_APP and the SCO_E will not display and it should because EGPX is covering the SCO_E sector.

Here is the ector definition:

SECTORLINE:PFA_SCE

DISPLAY:PFA:PFA:SCE

DISPLAY:SCE:PFA:SCE

I can provide more code if needed.

Edited by Guest
atc1o.png

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross, just off the inital look, your Sectorline Coord:... might need a re-look.

Not sure if you posted all the COORD: lines, but my guess is that you need to add more to complete it.

Look at your text box (Lower chat) on start-up...Does the word "message" turn light blue? Use the up arrow and see what sectorlines, and/or sectors are incomplete (line numbers help, use CTRL+G in text editor and type the line number in).

Let me know if I'm even talking about the same thing...

Marvin Palmer

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi Marvin,

There are no: no closed borders, invalid sector name or any errors in the message box (that's scrolling all the way through them.

atc1o.png

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Ok, next step is go into your display settings dialog, and put a check mark on Sectors (activates them all) and see if your are getting all the the sector lines to show...if yes then take a look at your SECTOR:PFA, of however it's named iand see what sectorlines are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned...then make sure they all flow from sectorline to sectorline, ie

SECTORLINE:ALPHA

DISPLAY:A:B:C

DISPLAY:B:B:C

COORD:N10:w10

COORD:N10:W20

COORD:N10:W30

SECTORLINE:BRAVO

COORD:N10:W30

COORD:N20:W40

SECTORLINE:CHARILE

COORD:N20:W40

COORD:N30:W50

and so forth...

I'm I getting Close, if not could you post the sectorlines and sectors for a look see...

Marvin

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Recheck if you are really on the right track. Those DISPLAY definitions do not compare controllers, they compare SECTORs. So if those two controllers do top down cover for those sectors below, all lines for all relevant sectors with different controllers get highlighted. And if a controller covers more than one sector, and more than one sector is beside another one, you need to make the DISPLAY statement for all sectors, not just for one.

Try to check the following things:

1. are the sectors itself correct?

2. if yes, the problem must be somewhere in the sectorline definition, most likely the DISPLAY part.

Without knowing how it is supposed to look, and where exactly the coordinates of the missing parts are, it is hard to get any more specific.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Martin Bergin 931070
Posted
Posted

One other thing to try is the order you created the sector - when doing the Shannon ese file I had a similiar problem with some sectors. However, I fixed it by startin on the ground and working up - i.e the tower sectors get defined before the ap, before the TMA before the high level. This solved most of the problems. If you'd like to send me over a copy of the sector/ese I will have a look later.

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

@Marvin - Im afraid i dont quite understand what you're on about. maybe i do and its the moethod you're explaining it. Sorry

Recheck if you are really on the right track. Those DISPLAY definitions do not compare controllers, they compare SECTORs. ...

Hi Stephan,

The problem is most likley in the DISPLAY sytax.

What i currently have set up is that the owners for the SCOW sector is SCOW:SCO:PX ... so i would have thought that the line would dispaly since the current owner fot he SCOW sector is PX... i also checked with the PX controller online when i took the screenshot and in his secotr ownership set up showed him having control over SCOW.

Currently, the sector line will display if SCOW is online, does this mean that if SCOW is offline (e.g the actual callsign (SCO_W_CTR)) then the next owner will take the responsibilty for that sector. Or would i have to put every possible case that would verifty that sector line benig active. E.g. if PX:PKA is online dispaly this line?

Im prety sure that the problem is in the DISPLAY syntax tho. I'll check it out when i get to my home PC.

Sorry if im not making too much sense, im not at home right now and replying from campus. I will double check the sectors when i get home and post some more of the sector definition and a image of what it should look like.

@Martin - All the sectors and sectorlines (not sure if they need them tho) are in GND to CTR order with the TMA positions before the CTR definitions.

PM me or post your MSN and i will send you the file later.

atc1o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
What i currently have set up is that the owners for the SCOW sector is SCOW:SCO:PX ... so i would have thought that the line would dispaly since the current owner fot he SCOW sector is PX... i also checked with the PX controller online when i took the screenshot and in his secotr ownership set up showed him having control over SCOW.

Currently, the sector line will display if SCOW is online, does this mean that if SCOW is offline (e.g the actual callsign (SCO_W_CTR)) then the next owner will take the responsibilty for that sector. Or would i have to put every possible case that would verifty that sector line benig active. E.g. if PX:PKA is online dispaly this line?

As I said, the controller does not matter. DISPLAY compares if SECTORs have different owners, so in a DISPLAY statement, you combine two adjoined sectors.

So if you have SECTORs A, B and C where sector A is a large one and sectors B and C are two small ones, that are both besides sector A, you would have

DISPLAY:A:A:C

DISPLAY:C:A:C

for the SECTORLINE between A and C

DISPLAY:A:A:B

DISPLAY:B:A:B

for the SECTORLINE between A and B

DISPLAY:B:B:C

DISPLAY:C:B:C

for the SECTORLINE between B and C

Stephan Boerner

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I've got two of my problems fixed.

The issue with the PKA and the SCW sector line not showing was down to two errors, one (which i'm ashamed to admit), was that I had made a mistake typing in the sectors in the display syntax! I also changed the display syntax to this (as suggested by you Stephan - I think i've followed your instructions ):

DISPLAY:PKA:SCW:PKA

The problem with number 3 was the same as 1! (except i had put the right sector in).

Buts it working!

Now just problem number 2 to solve!

atc1o.png

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

I have returned! with a new problem that i cant get my head around (please tell me when I'm getting annoying! ) .

Edit: just noticed I've put "should be able to see...it should say should not"

sectorlines.jpg

In this screenshot i am on EGPX and the TMA is online underneath me up to FL260 (in the smaller "ice cream cone" shaped airspace). However, you will notice that when the TMA is online i can see all the lines that divide up the appraoch position from each other and from the SCO_E/W sectors.

All the lines that separate the approach positions should (and I've set them) to only some on when they and SCO_W or E respectively are online. since SCO_CTR is online, he is controlling both sectors. I checked the sector ownership setup and sure enough SCO_W/E were under the ownership of SCO_CTR.

Here are the sector definitions for lines that are displaying that shouldn't be.

Arrow 1

SECTORLINE:PHA_SCE

DISPLAY:SCE:SCE:PHA

DISPLAY:PHA:SCE:PHA

COORD:N055.41.25.000:W002.55.10.000

COORD:N056.00.08.000:W002.48.49.000

Arrow 2

SECTORLINE:PFA_SCE

DISPLAY:SCE:SCE:PFA

DISPLAY:PFA:SCE:PFA

Arrow 3

SECTORLINE:PFA_PKA

DISPLAY:PFA:PFA:PKA

DISPLAY:PKA:PFA:PKA

DISPLAY:SCW:PFA:SCW

COORD:N055.43.34.000:W005.00.00.000

Arrow 4

;EGPK_APP Outline

SECTORLINE:PKA_PXW

DISPLAY:PKA:PKA:PXW

DISPLAY:PXW:PKA:PXW

COORD:N055.43.34.000:W005.00.00.000

COORD:N055.15.11.000:W005.00.00.000

Arrow 5

COORD:N055.06.03.000:W004.14.19.000

COORD:N055.16.06.060:W003.38.30.373

I should only be able to see the the TMA outline. There are no spelling mistakes naming them this time

atc1o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Check the owners in Sector Ownership dialog ... sectorlines should only be displayed with two different controllers controlling the sectors, so maybe there is something wrong with ownership? (Remember that sectors are not only laterally determined but also vertically, so if only a few thousand feet might be overlapping with another controller, the sectorline would still be displayed.)

Stephan Boerner

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi Stefan,

Sorted!

I went around all the sector lines that were being a problem and i did discover that some were overlapping in to PX's sector, i sorted these all and make sure they didn't over lap.

However, that wasn't the obvious problem, i had set that SCW should own the sector then PX, i had [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that SCO would be responsible for SCW when he is offline and not put SCO in the ownership at all.

Thank you!

atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It will be easy if you publish the sector definition and the positions definition.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
I went around all the sector lines that were being a problem and i did discover that some were overlapping in to PX's sector, i sorted these all and make sure they didn't over lap.
I hope that just sounds like you changed the size of the sectors only because the lines were displayed If you don't want a line to be displayed, leave out the DISPLAY statement. The sectors should have their real size, and it might be likely that they are overlapping or lying attached to each other in an APP airspace, so it does not have to be an error at all.

Stephan Boerner