You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

GUEST:

Ross Bristo 1010003

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I have run in to a problem with my ese and Dave Saunders has been trying to help me to resolve it but we cant come up with anything to make my problem go away (thanks Dave!).

Let me explain.

In the airspace I control, we have 1 STAR (STIRA 1A) that is used for 2 airports, EGPF and EGPH.

The problem is that aircraft on this arrival inbound to EGPF have to go thought EGPH_APP's sector before they will enter the EGPF_APP sector. The obvious solution to this problem would be to use the GUEST syntax, however this is now working and I'm lost.

What i would like to happen is that aircraft inbound to EGPF routing through the EGPH_APP sector should be handed off to EGPF_APP, not EGPH_APP as Euroscope thinks (and its theoretically right because it is going through the EGPH_APP sector first).

Below is a sweatbox simulation of the problem (please note that the vertical line going top to bottom between the airports is manually turned on for illustration of the sectors so you can understand better.):

th_GUEST.png

In the screenshot, I (EGPX_CTR) have [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed LOG32LF and you can see by the route draw that he will be routing to STIRA then to EGPF and that he will also p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] through the EGPH_APP sector.

Here are the sector/position definitions:

EGPF_APP:Glasgow Approach:119.100:PFA:G1:EGPF:APP:-:-:1730:1747:N055.52.20.000 W004.25.55.000::

EGPH_APP:Edinburgh Approach:121.200:PHA:E1:EGPH:APP:-:-:0430:0443:N055.57.09.000 W003.21.41.000::

EGPX_E_CTR:Scottish East Control:124.500:PXE:PXE:EGPX:CTR:-:-:3601:3632N057.13.17.228:E000.02.45.635::

EGPX_CTR:Scottish Control:135.520:PX:PX:EGPX:CTR:-:-:3620:3637:N057.18.24.470:W003.39.27.313::

SECTOR:PFA:0:13000

OWNER:PFA:SCW:SCO:PX

BORDER:PFA_PHA:PFA_SCE:PFA_SCW:PFA_PKA:PFA_PXW:PFA_PXE

SECTOR:PHA:0:13000

OWNER:PHA:SCE:SCO:PX

BORDER:PFA_PHA:PHA_SCE:PHA_PXE

GUEST:PFA:*:EGPF

The COPX:

COPX:*:*:STIRA:EGPF:*:PXE:PFA:*:8000:STIRA

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest
atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Make a COPX for that fix but btween FX and PFA. Then put that COPX before the COPX for the FHA and try it.

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi Todor,

I have make these COPX's

COPX:*:*:STIRA:EGPH:*:PXE:PHA:*:8000:STIRA

Im still getting the issue.

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The GUEST keyword can work for EGPF_APP only. If he tracks the AC that is inside EGPH_APP sector and inbound to his sector then ES will not show a need for handoff to EGPH_APP. But it will not work for EGPX_CTR. The only way to avoid the EGPH_APP would be to change from

to

COPX:*:*:STIRA:EGPF:*:PXE:PFA:*:13500:STIRA

That way the vertical profile would be above EGPH_APP sector. But unfortunately that will show an invalid altitude for the coordination point too.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Hm, are you sure? I don't see why it should not work? Currently it does not work, because Ross has PFA as GUEST-owner and not PX(E). An additional GUEST line for PX should do the trick.

SECTOR:PHA:0:13000

OWNER:PHA:SCE:SCO:PX

BORDER:PFA_PHA:PHA_SCE:PHA_PXE

GUEST:PFA:*:EGPF

GUEST:PX:*:EGPF

EGPX as GUEST-owner for PHA for all flights inbound to EGPF, so PHA would not be displayed as handoff, and EGPX would hand it over to PFA ...

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Sorted!

Thank you Stephan, i really appreciated all the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance im getting on all the question's i've asked this last week.

atc1o.png

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

You may right. But in this case the handoff will be shown only the border of the two approaches.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer