You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

All you need to know on VATSIM flying using X-Plane

Andrzej Borysewicz

Andrzej Borysewicz
Posted
Posted

Hello,

You have heard about flying on line on VATSIM, you have X-Plane and even set up XSquawkBox, then you went to read required material , you studied few pages and .... you gave up, too much to read and learn.

That is exactly what happened to me, I started large, printed all required materials, started reading, had to stop, started again, stopped again.

It happened few times until I finally did it.

I had no clue what to do but I connected to VATSIM, I put in comments section of my flight plan: new pilot, watching ATC interaction and I was just

sitting there doing nothing.

After few times, I had to try to fly and so I did.

I do not remember exactly where I was flying but I remember how I felt after the flight.

I had a huge headache, my blood pressure was probably in a dangerous zone and I felt kind of very intimidated and small......

VATSIM flying can be a great experience but I believe that majority of us need a little guidance and friendly advice to get started.

I have seen so far many people quitting before they ever started ....the reason?

Very simple, they did not know how to operate XsquawkBox and how to interact with ATC.

I know that there are many people who would love to try VATSIM flying and remembering my mistakes and pains at the early stage of learning, I created ARB X-Plane VATSIM Center, Googlr Group web page to help you successfully join VATSIM, probably one of the largest , international on-line flying community.

I belong to two virtual airlines Air Northwest and California Airlines, both based on X-Plane but ARB X-Plane VATSIM Center can be used by anybody using X-Plane and XSquawkBox without any VA [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation.

I hope you will find the information useful and I will see you on VATSIM soon.

My call signs are ANW686 and CAX777.

Good luck, you can do it! Check the link below.

Andrzej

http://groups.google.com/group/arb-x-plane-vatsim-center?pli=1

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Andrzej, gr8 job, you have certainly gone that extra mile. A lot of ppl will benefit by this.

Hopefully after enough ppl read and review it, this can be made a sticky?

Cheers mate!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Andrzej Borysewicz
Posted
Posted
Andrzej, gr8 job, you have certainly gone that extra mile. A lot of ppl will benefit by this.

Hopefully after enough ppl read and review it, this can be made a sticky?

Cheers mate!!

Thanks Charan,

That was an idea, to help people.

It took me a while but I remember me struggling and trying, being embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed and feeling like I was going to get a stroke so I hope this link will get to many people and maybe they will make it sticky.

I did not say that material presented on VATSIM is bad, it is great but it is a bit too much for average person to "digest" the whole thing.

We will see what happen, keep your fingers crossed.

I am thinking about some kind of fly in for people who benefited from reading ARB X-Plane VATSIM Center.

Thanks for response.

Andrzej