You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower view using VRC connected to ES via proxy

Martin Loxbo

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

As I don't like FSInn, I find myself having to go back to VRC when I want to have a tower view, but at the same time I don't want to lose the functionality that ES offers. I finally tried connecting VRC to Euroscope's proxy server (to do this, create a file in the VRC folder called "myservers.txt" and add a line to that file saying "localhost localhost", and then connect VRC to the localhost server).

However, I ran into a problem, as explained here. When VRC is connected via ES all aircraft are displayed as "paper planes", and I noticed that no flight plan data is sent to VRC. Is it possible to fix this or is it a limitation given the data that's transmitted by the ES proxy connection?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if it is possible (most like it is), but I guess it is because it was never intended for the proxy to send the data for VRC, but most like a ES internal format.

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

But it also seems that this prevents ES from being used to create Sweatbox exercises using tower view. Well, it works fine, but all you get is paper planes...

Ross answered in the VRC forum that at least the VRC Tower View works well with TWRTrainer, because TWRTrainer sends aircraft type and livery data, whereas it appears that ES does not. It would be really great if we could get this working!

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia