You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Function Keys are Not Functioning

Brendan Chen 943434

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have used VRC for quite some time now, just hasn't exactly been a heavy user/controller, only recently I have came across with problems like these.

When I press the function keys (F keys, eg. F8, F9, F2, INS etc.) I was not able to bring up the text command, for example, usually when I press 'Ins' (insert key), it bring ups '.QS' in the command box, or if I press F8, '.QQ' usually comes up. But now when I press any keys, nothing would work.

The problem goes away when I restart the software.

I'm not the only person having these problems, another controller also had this problem, also an another controller was not able to press any of the F keys while 'Ins' or other keys would work.

Not sure whether it is a bug of the software, or bug on my computer. Although it is not a big issue, but it does exist, so just want to know what might be wrong.

Thanks

Brendan

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Are you using a chinese style keyboard?

Can you switch it to US (English) for a session to see if that helps? It may be a keyboard/language compatibility issue.

Cheers!

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply, but I've tried that deliberately. My VRC seems fine now, and I deliberately changed it to Chinese style, but it still works fine, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be it...

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png