You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HP or Dell Labtop

Anthony Baker 1080999

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

I'm looking into getting a new labtop to replace my ancient and slow (from 2007) Vista RTM Dell Desktop

Should I get the )Note this will be the base computer I'm starting with, I'll have tricore and 1gb graphics and 4gb ram):

HP or which Dell.

Max Price $1500 total

Will be used for FSX and Sims 3

suggestions and recommendations Please

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

Both are good companies to purchase laptops from. everyone will have a different opinion as to who is better. I've owned both, and both have done everything they were built to do and any issues were fixed within a fairly timely manner. for either company if you have the option to upgrade your service contract to one that allows priorty access to USA tech support go for it and you'll find any tech support issues are solved faster.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

+1 ... If you go the Dell route, look into alienware...i was able to configure a i7-4gbram at $1300.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

I'd recommend ASUS or IBuyPower. Major brands like Dell or HP sell you bloatware-filled, overpriced and underperforming computers.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

asus g73jh. look no further. you can get best buys model for $1200

VATSIM Supervisor