You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Errant aircraft in lists

J Jason Vodnansky 810003

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

Folks,

While I am sure this has been asked or addressed, I sure can't seem to find it, so apologies for probably duplicating an issue, but here goes...

Sometimes (not all the time), errant aircraft show in my lists. These aircraft don't belong in the list to the best of my knowledge. Sometimes I can clear them but disabling, then re-enabling the lists, most times not however. Any ideas?

afe101

Thanks,

JV

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Some times you do get flukes in your SIL, im sure someone else will explain some other reasons but one i get a get in my FIR is VFR aircraft on the other side of the country entering my airspace because they enter VIA in their FL;

e.g: ST MERRYN VIA BODMIN

This is a VFR route via some visual reference points but ES cannot tell the difference between a VRP and a way point so i often get VRF aircraft which use the word via appearing in my list because there is a VOR/NDB in Norway called VIA.

Not sure if you can remove or terminate an a/c from your list?

atc1o.png

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Don't quote me on this, but lately the servers have been glitching and giving erronous data not just on a/c data but metars and ATC ranges...learned this one when I confronted a CTR who I thought had his Ranges set to high, turns out it was the server...

look at another server as an alternative, hard to do but It'll allow you to view the correct data...

Hope this helped

Marvin