You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector Setup Deployment Package

Halldor Bui Jonsson

Halldor Bui Jonsson
Posted
Posted

Hi all.

I want to create a installation file to deploy a sector file, including sounds, settings like color, tags, and other display options, so that a user may rapidly deploy a sector setup with a preexiting euroscope installation.

What would be the best method of achieving this?

Am wanting to avoid requiring the user to spend mucho time with the finer details of doing a custom setup.

--------------------

Best regards

--------------------

Halldor

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Well in the UK, Matthew Hardman and myself have both constructed Euroscope controlling packs filled with custom tags/settings/colours - everything! So that members can jump straight in to ES and get using it.

All we have done is build the pack in the root C drive of our hard drives and told the users to save to the root C drive. Then all the settings load correctly.

Regards,

atc1o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

You can use relative paths based on the user's docomeents folder, for example c:\users\user\docomeents\EuroScope.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Are relative paths always relative to the User's Docomeents Folder? Could be the solution for my problems with it: I tried relative to the .prf and to EuroScope.exe but did not succeed.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Should be, yes. I am using different paths to a network folder, so I am not using it and can currently not tell if it is working correct, but it was introduced with 3.1 to move all settings files out of the program folder. You can have a look at the example files for Hungary, they are using relative paths.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

The files seem to be relative to the "current" folder. If you start ES with a shortcut, fill in the "start in" field in the shortcut properties. That is where the relative files will be searched for.

The desktop shortcut supplied with ES defines this as your user docomeents folder - just remember to add this if you create your own shortcut.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Carl Stallone 925048
Posted
Posted

the canscope guys do a great job with their euroscope package. I'm not sure what they're using, but information on the program and how to set it up would benefit all the sector/ese file developers and the end users.

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

I compiled an NSIS installer to do the job for the Heathrow Controller Pack V3

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Halldor Bui Jonsson
Posted
Posted

could you paste the code (or ini) for it here in a code-box?

--------------------

Best regards

--------------------

Halldor