You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flights to/from Gaza

Aristotelis Marinis 961061

Posted
Posted

Hello to everyone,

I'm currently in the process of creating a Palestinian VA. It will take me a few months to get up and running as there are no flight plans etc so I have to create a schedule from scratch. To this effect, I have been flying to/from prospective destinations for the past few weeks, learning the region, its procedures, routing, flight duration etc.

I'm having some difficulty with certain routes, though, due to the lack of eastbound airways from Gaza and Israel. For example, from what I see in my charts, I have to go south via Egypt or north via Lebanon to get to Jordan, Syria, etc. This turns a ~150nm route into a ~400nm route.

What do VATSIM members do? I've checked VATIL's website and from what I understood, we can hop over from SIRON to SALAM and from DEENA to TALMI? I apologize for my confusion and would like to create a schedule and routing that conforms to VATSIM procedures. If I have to go around, I'll go around. If I can create regularly scheduled flights with more direct routing, I'll do that instead.

Please let me know what's done in VATSIM because creating the routes is the first important stage in creating a Palestinian VA and I'm at an imp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]e. I will adhere to VATSIM's instructions on this and anything else with respect.

Thanks for your time.

logo-143x101.png

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Email sent to staff, you should hear from them shortly.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

Salamat and forgive the late reply.

While there are no real world procedures, what I would suggest doing is figuring out what the typical route is from LLBG to HECA, and then once reaching METSA, turning north and coming into Gaza from Egypt. That would be the best bet.

I'll do some research and figure it out - I'd also email VATIL and see what they recommend. From VATME's standpoint, we have no issues. You're free to overfly any part of VATME's airspace to get to LVGZ.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
Hello to everyone,

I'm currently in the process of creating a Palestinian VA. It will take me a few months to get up and running as there are no flight plans etc so I have to create a schedule from scratch. To this effect, I have been flying to/from prospective destinations for the past few weeks, learning the region, its procedures, routing, flight duration etc.

I'm having some difficulty with certain routes, though, due to the lack of eastbound airways from Gaza and Israel. For example, from what I see in my charts, I have to go south via Egypt or north via Lebanon to get to Jordan, Syria, etc. This turns a ~150nm route into a ~400nm route.

What do VATSIM members do? I've checked VATIL's website and from what I understood, we can hop over from SIRON to SALAM and from DEENA to TALMI? I apologize for my confusion and would like to create a schedule and routing that conforms to VATSIM procedures. If I have to go around, I'll go around. If I can create regularly scheduled flights with more direct routing, I'll do that instead.

Please let me know what's done in VATSIM because creating the routes is the first important stage in creating a Palestinian VA and I'm at an imp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]e. I will adhere to VATSIM's instructions on this and anything else with respect.

Thanks for your time.

On a side note, feel free to email Arabian Airlines (www.ArabianVA.com) and see what logistics they can provide you. Arabian has a hub in Amman and a Focus City in Beirut - so I'm sure their operations department would be more than willing to lend a hand with fuel and other logistics, including codeshare agreements.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Posted
Posted
Salamat and forgive the late reply.

While there are no real world procedures, what I would suggest doing is figuring out what the typical route is from LLBG to HECA, and then once reaching METSA, turning north and coming into Gaza from Egypt. That would be the best bet.

I'll do some research and figure it out - I'd also email VATIL and see what they recommend. From VATME's standpoint, we have no issues. You're free to overfly any part of VATME's airspace to get to LVGZ.

Salamalekum,

Thank you for authorizing the use of all VATME airspace for flights to/from Gaza.

I will communicate with VATIL and continue to cooperate with everyone within the existing framework.

logo-143x101.png

Posted
Posted
On a side note, feel free to email Arabian Airlines (http://www.ArabianVA.com) and see what logistics they can provide you. Arabian has a hub in Amman and a Focus City in Beirut - so I'm sure their operations department would be more than willing to lend a hand with fuel and other logistics, including codeshare agreements.

You have my deep appreciation. I will get in touch with the relevant departments because any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance and cooperation is greatly appreciated since I’m forced to build everything from scratch.

Thank you

logo-143x101.png