You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

BIG Computer Problem

Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey

I was using my computer, and all of a sudden, my computer crashed and I got a black screen with all of these colorful dots and boxes.

I went to restart my computer and after the Windows XP window, this appeared ->

GEDC0203.jpg

GEDC0202.jpg

GEDC0201.jpg

Please, I need help...

I may have to get a new desktop if it is that serious.

Edited by Guest

Chris Mauro

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the colorful dots mightve been some bad mushrooms

images not loading

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

refresh the page

Chris Mauro

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

Oh I forgot to mention that it goes right to a blue screen of death, then it restarts

Chris Mauro

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i definitely didnt have any mushrooms, so least its not you

looks like your hard drive might be dead, altho if its getting to the windows boot, it might still have something left. does it make any noises? ticking, wind up, etc..?

it could also be you overheated your graphics card.

those would be my first 2 options to look at.

youll save money by just fixing the part thats messed up instead of an entirely new pc, unless you need a good excuse, then even better

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

It doesn't make any weird noises but the windows startup screen is a bit slower than usual.... I'm thinking it's a graphic card issue because it makes the most sense with the "graphic problem". I'll have my aunt bring it to her computer geek friends his week and have them look at it... Thanks Ernesto! And more comments are also appreciated as well

Chris Mauro

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

is this an aftermarket video card? if so, then you should have a built in display device aswell, you could try removing the card and it would revert to using the built in device

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

Yea I have an nvidia 8500gt with a builtin chipset

Chris Mauro

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

I figured out the problem. I was able to start my computer on safe mode with internet, uninstall my nvidia driver, and now im using the vga driver, but now I have yellow vertical lines on my monitor. I tried my computer on another monitor and they were still there, so now I am concluding that my video card is burnt out and ready to be replaced. Thanks ernesto for your help I appreciate it I am going to be buying a x16 1.0 compatible 9500 GT Good enough lol

Chris Mauro

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

been there! mine did something similar when it died a few years back

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

tomorrow morning, my money is going into buying that 9500 GT at least its better than my current 8500gt because there aren't too many good cards that are also compatible with x16 1.0

Chris Mauro

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Yup thats definitely memory corruption Blue screens are rare these days, but when hardware fails they're impossible to get rid of...