You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM beginner

Francisco Saraiva 1159919

Francisco Saraiva 1159919
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've registered myself in VATSIM yesterday and I've already installed FSInn, FSCoPilopt and Vroute.

However, I don't know how to work with these programs, and I don't know how to connect to the Vatsim network and play online with other pilots and air traffic controlers.

I also bought a microphone to play online, but since i don't know how to work with FSInn and FSCoPilot, i don't kow how to chat by microphone.

Since I'm having some difficulties on adapting to this "world", I need some help.

I'll wait for a response.

Best Regards,

Francisco Saraiva

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

On the main web site, at the bottom, is a link for pilots with a QuickStart guide. Also check out the lessons in the Pilot Resource Center (PRC) as it also has lots of info. If you have any issues with FSInn, please be sure to refer to the sticky in the FSINn Help forum here.

Kyle Ramsey

• 4 weeks later...
bernard tremblay
Posted
Posted
I've registered myself in VATSIM yesterday and I've already installed FSInn, FSCoPilopt and Vroute. However ...

Since I'm having some difficulties on adapting to this "world", I need some help.

Francisco, hello

Have you made some progress? I have only just recently got the whole thing working (or more correctly: I got all the bits and pieces hooked up and working together!) so I know how many things you're having to deal with. And how many docomeents you're expected to read through. And how many details you have to get absolutely correct.

I hoped you haven't dropped off our radar!

Believe me, it's just a bunch of processes flying in formation ... no single step requires sub-atomic physics or PhD mathematics, not at all.

So advice from this (old!) n00b: take it step by step. Success is closer than you might imagine ... and it's jim-dandy worth it!

looking for your return

--ben

p.s. to start at the beginning: do you have FS9? or FSX? Is that working okay / no problems? controls ok? Because if that's causing you problems, you're going to go in circles til you're quite mad. I mean insane.

intersections.gif

If you look to see how the system works

Likely you will find that it doesn't.

1018262.jpg

@bentrem - FSX SP2 | AMD Athlon II 630 2.8GHz X4 | GA-MA785 | Radeon 5770 | 6GB DDR3 | XP Pro | Saitek X52