You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What should i look at when buying a PC for FSX?

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623
Posted
Posted

Hello,

My title says my question. PC got fried and now im looking for a new one. I wana know what should i look for in the specs so i could run FSX with decent Frame rates?

thankyou

generate.php?mid=1079623

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Dual or quad core(2.8 GHz pr higher, I recommend AMD) CPU, 4-6 gigs of ram, 64 bit OS, high-end graphics card(Nvidia GTS 250 or better, made by a reputable manufacturer, BFG is quite good, although they are exiting the graphics card business)

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Add to that atleast a 650-700 watts SMPS and something to keep it cool, either tower that can do the job properly or good fans nearby

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

most important thing is the i7..

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

You don't need an i7 to run FSX, I get good performance out of an AMD Phenom II(I recommend it highly, good price and quality).

Charan, good point about the power supply. As for fans, you can get a small fan thats loud or a large fan thats quiet.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted
You don't need an i7 to run FSX, I get good performance out of an AMD Phenom II(I recommend it highly, good price and quality).

Charan, good point about the power supply. As for fans, you can get a small fan thats loud or a large fan thats quiet.

You don't need an i7 to run FSX, but you're going to get so much better performance with one of Intel's Core iX series, it's unbelieveable. I have an i5, and tried FSX a few months back - with similar graphics card and same amount of RAM, I had almost double the FPS an AMD Phenom X4 had.