You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Win7 64 Nvidia driver

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Looking for a good reliable driver version for FS9/FSX. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

The one from http://www.nvidia.com ought to work fine Doubt you'll find better *official* drivers anywhere else.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

I've already installed several versions of Nvidia drivers, just want some feedback concerning most stable driver version/s?

Thanks for your answer

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

I'm not entirely sure which video card you're using, but from my experience (eVGA GeForce 8800GT), the 190.62 drivers have been the most stable for me. Everything that I've read up on nZone has said that anything newer than that (including the latest WHQL) has been causing cards to overheat and/or die. So I've stuck to those drivers, and have been good since.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Thanks Brad, I'll give them a go.

Regards

Joaquin

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

The over heating issues are caused by the drivers not throttling the fan/s up propperly while the GPU is underload and heating up. it can be avoided by downloading NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support from Nvidia, then openning the nvidia control panel and setting the fans to a higher percentage using 'manual control' under device settings.

side note last i checked Nhancer doesn't support the 200 level drivers yet, so nhancer users need to stick with the 19's

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group