You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection Servers Not Showing

Bob Joel 1147657

Bob Joel 1147657
Posted
Posted

I follow the flash tutorial all the way to connect to the server and then

only one server shows up. The same one used as an example on the tutorial.

Running Vista. Help greatly appreciated!!

Robert Wright
Posted
Posted

Which Pilot Client ?

FSInn or SB ?

Rob

ascii-planes.png

333336.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Sounds like FSInn? Check the installation Sticky, paragraph number 3.

Bob Joel 1147657
Posted
Posted

FSInn. I will try a few more times and see what I can do. Does your starting location mean anything

to how many servers show up or should all of those servers show up always?

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Yes, it does mean something: On any starting location you will get 0 servers Iw rote above where you find the info...

Bob Joel 1147657
Posted
Posted

I figured it out. Now, my new problem is I connect, tune to the tower that has a controller in it, and try and listen, (obeserving) but I don't here any atc chatter.

Also, when I start, a couple of airplanes just come and follow me around and sit right on top of me? I'm all ears!

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I figured it out. Now, my new problem is I connect, tune to the tower that has a controller in it, and try and listen, (obeserving) but I don't here any atc chatter.

Also, when I start, a couple of airplanes just come and follow me around and sit right on top of me? I'm all ears!

Hi, Bob. You appear to be very overwhelmed with the vastness of VATSIM. My advice for you is to take it kind of easy and sample it. You can do this by following steps provided in two messages.

VATSIM Quick Start Guide:

http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/quickstart

and

FSInn Installation Sticky:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20466

Please be informed that the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ that is highlighted in bold read in the FSInn Installation sticky is very important. It addresses the issue you bring up about a plane following you, plus other very important things that will relieve issues possible FSInn/VATSIM issues.

Try to use the information from the Quick Start Guide, or the FSInn Installation sticky (and linked FAQ) with your followups if you have problems. If you follow this suggestion you should be able to have a rewarding and completely successful session in minutes with live ATC in minutes.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Bob Joel 1147657
Posted
Posted

Thanks-you. THis helps A LOT!