You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SIL and FP

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to use ES at ZOA for some time getting comfortable as time goes by. I haven't managed to define the SECTORLINE and the SECTOR section yet, but it works for my purposes.

Qns I have.

In the SIL, acft appear and disappear constantly and finally stay put after the acft has arrived at the dest. I can't tell when they drop off or when they seemed to be in the list. The arrival and departure rwys are all selected and set. I have been resorting to using the Aircraft list to keep a tab on them.

FP: Occasionally we get the VFR that wants to depart a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B but no FP. I don't know how to create a FP from ES. In VRC, I just ctrl click and the FP dialog box would open and I would fill it out, I am not sure what to do here. I am pretty darn sure I tried everything, but I am also sure I missed something very obvious here!!

Appreciate the answers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

ES puts aircraft in SIL based on the trajectory (FP route) and if it wil enter your sector. If you haven't defined one, then you will see strange things.

To open the FP window type

.am callsign

or

.am

and click on the track/plane in the list

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Tks for the quick reply, I kinda realized only yesterday that the sector might be the problem, I am glad that it is. Will fix that soon.

I tried using the .am but not without much success, but a lot of things were off with the setup earlier time I tried. Will try in next time now that it seems like things are working the way I want

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1