You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight 1 ATR autopilot

Darrol Larrok 1140797

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Does anyone else have a problem with the Flight 1 ATR where the autopilot wildly banks(practically sideways in either direction in an unsuccessful effort to intercept a heading or course, wildly uptrims to correct for the loss of pitch due to the sideways banking and eventually stalls if not disconnected? This is an intermittent problem that Flight 1 claims that cannot replicate and makes the ATR unusable(I can fly it myself but not while looking at charts, complicated procedures, etc). It seems to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with lag of some sort, so perhaps it the CPU lagging behind the plane? This issue doesn't occur with any other aircraft, including more complicated ones like the Level D 767.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

• 4 weeks later...
Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

I have experienced this as well Darrol. I read a suggestion on the ATR forums from someone claiming it had something to do with the standby horizon. As far as I'm able to determine from a few test flights: if I don't touch the erect button on the standby horizon my autopilot will work perfectly fine.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

• 1 year later...
Filip Cerveny 984726
Posted
Posted

Dear Freek,

thank you very much for your solution. I had the same issue and it was really maikng me crazy, because A/P was unable to maintain heading. I completely reinstalled it and I don't touch the attitude indicator (standby horizon) anymore. I thought that I wasted money by purchazing of this product. Now, it's ok and I can fly it. It's important for me, because I fly part of my Instrument Rating on real ATR simulator.

Thank you.

CSAv (Czech Airlines Virtual) Staff

sign2.php?call=500