You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UDP Voice Port

Kevin Huskens 1149136

Kevin Huskens 1149136
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Im new to the controlling world and am about to start training.

Now, I've downloaded VRC and tried starting it up.

Then i get an error saying

" Could not open UDP Voice Port. Perhaps another VATSIM program is running such as ASRC"

Could anyone help me please?

Im running Windows XP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

As posted in the other topic, FSInn or SB are still running in the background which causes this error. Look next to your clock and see if you see what looks like 2 traffic lights (FSInn) or Squawkbox's icon and close those and then restart VRC.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Windows firewall can also prevent VRC from opening the UDP port.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

One of the controllers in ZDV had an IT manager observe some sort of program that showed ports being requested by the controller's computer. He claims that 3783 is the required voice port, and not 3782 as written on the VRC website. He swears by it. Could that be the case?

http://forum.denartcc.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2584

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
One of the controllers in ZDV had an IT manager observe some sort of program that showed ports being requested by the controller's computer. He claims that 3783 is the required voice port, and not 3782 as written on the VRC website. He swears by it. Could that be the case?

http://forum.denartcc.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2584

I just ran VRC and connected to a voice server and there's a connection to the voice server on port 3782. Nothing on 3783.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
I just ran VRC and connected to a voice server and there's a connection to the voice server on port 3782. Nothing on 3783.

Same thing for me. Here's an earlier post of mine showing what my sniffer said regarding VRC voice ports: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=353895#p353895

8942.png

• 7 months later...
Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to bring this up again. After searching the forums and VRC's, I'm yet to see a solution to have this voice lockout problem go away. Otherwise, I will have to continue pressing the PTT from time to time in order to receive calls. I've tried port forwarding as well. Could disabling Windows Firewall solve the problem?

If so, are there any precautions before I turn off the firewall? If disabling it is the way to go.. I'm all up for it

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thatd be voice port timing out. try port forwarding 3290

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Yep, I've went that way too E. Unfortunately the problem still persist. I'm using DI-624+ by the way.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi Romano,

If you are behind a router, then there's not much risk in shutting down your firewall. I always shut down my firewall when I fly on the network (more of a system resources thing rather than a network problem) and I haven't had a problem yet. Might be worth trying it out.

Cheers!