You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Secondary Display - Adjust Range

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if this is possible. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, and I need to be righted.

I am using a dual monitor configuration and as a tower controller, I use my primary display to work the airport and control zone. On my secondary display, I observe the entire sector ... kinda.

As it happens, I can only observe air traffic within my position range of 30 miles in my secondary display.

I'd like to be able to monitor all aircraft active in my sector on my secondary display. Is this possible? I've tried to change the range in the connection settings of the secondary ES connection with no effect.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You have only one connection to VATSIM, in the primary instance, so if you have range 30nm in that connection, all other instances will have the same range.

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Thank you.

That was what I had expected, but was hoping there was a workaround.

I appreciate your help!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

As a suggestion, if ES allows the user to set a different range for each scope, perhaps it could send the largest of those ranges to the server, and then limit the visible targets on each scope according to the range set on that scope.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
As a suggestion, if ES allows the user to set a different range for each scope, perhaps it could send the largest of those ranges to the server, and then limit the visible targets on each scope according to the range set on that scope.

That is a good Ross, will add it in the wish list.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

As you have only one connection to VATSIM and VATSIM rules determine the maximum visibility range for a certain position you can not set a higher value then your TWR position allows. The local proxy connections just share the data received from the servers.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

There is a cheat and that is to fire up Servinfo. At least you will get a heads up on what is on the way....even though you get that anyway in your Sector Arrival list.

Mark.

847924.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

You can open Euroscope normally (Connect to VATSIM) and then open a second Euroscope but use the "To VATSIM proxy" mode. This will allow the second Euroscope session to "log on" to the primary one. You can then zoom in/out appropriately as yo wish.

Full info:

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Connection_Settings#Proxy_Connection

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
You can open Euroscope normally (Connect to VATSIM) and then open a second Euroscope but use the "To VATSIM proxy" mode. This will allow the second Euroscope session to "log on" to the primary one. You can then zoom in/out appropriately as yo wish.

Full info:

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Connection_Settings#Proxy_Connection

Miguel

What he wants it to open the primary with position TWR (range 10nm) and open a second instance with range 100 and more. And as G remained us, this is against the VATSIM rule, to open a TWR (or any other position) and to have a larger range then the max required for that position.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Use the other visibility points:

.vis2 some_VOR

.vis3 some_NDB

.vis4 some_intersection

Up to 4. Simply replace the some_XXXX with the waypoint name to center.

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png