You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Skype/Teamspeak

Arthur Melton

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Hi, with a friend we are trying to use skype for communicating. When entering FS9 comms are good until Multiplayer is selected then I can hear my friend but he cannot hear me .My mike is good. Has anyone a fix for this or any idea's, Thanks, Arty

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Make sure you're running all your programs with full administrative access. That happens to me too with TS, but doing that will solve that issue... for me anyways.

Joshua Black

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure you have different PTT buttons aswell. dont think you can have the same one [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to both as one will block the other when you try to transmit, unless you have dual sound cards or somethin

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thank's guy's .Need to test on multiplayer yet . Note no PPS button on Skype. Arty

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

is it an open mic or voice activated? that might be causing the issues itself. 2 programs trying to use the same mic at the same time, altho im just guessin there, i know squat about skype except that you can call people with it?

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted
is it an open mic or voice activated? that might be causing the issues itself. 2 programs trying to use the same mic at the same time, altho im just guessin there, i know squat about skype except that you can call people with it?

Skype keeps the mic open unless you mute it. I've never had trouble using any sort of VATSIM voice and Skype at the same time (used to share cockpits using Skype and FSINN).

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thanks guy's .Intend to close down Windows Firewall and/or AVG anti virus and try that .I will get back to you all later next week ,Thanks ,Arty

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Hi Guy's ,Turns out I did not have to alter any settings as it was my friends multiplayer on the blink and after he fixed it I have no more problems with Skype .Thanks for your input , regards, Arty