You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ants

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i noticed today a couple of ants hanging around my laptop. we have an ant issue with the house so no surprise there. but what cought my eye is they seem to have been carrying food or other objects towards the laptop. so im wondering if i have some new tenants?

thinking whether i should open it up and check to be sure before they cause something to go bad. opening it isnt an issue, done it before to replace different parts, but the screws are so tiny, it drives me nuts trying not to lose them

any other ways to kinda lure them out if they are in there?

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
i noticed today a couple of ants hanging around my laptop. we have an ant issue with the house so no surprise there. but what cought my eye is they seem to have been carrying food or other objects towards the laptop. so im wondering if i have some new tenants?

any other ways to kinda lure them out if they are in there?

Try visiting http://myrmecos.net/ and asking the author there—there's an email link on the front page. He's a great insect photographer, and it may make for an amusing blog post for him.

8942.png

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

If I were you, I'd get a can of compressed air and just blast them out of there

CTP Planning Team Member

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
If I were you, I'd get a can of compressed air and just blast them out of there

I think the trick would be making sure they don't come back, especially if they've am[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed some food supplies or started nesting in there.

8942.png

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

canned air will get them out. also be sure to get an exterminator out to spray the house good. if they can't get in then they can't get to your laptop. they may be hauling food out instead of in

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group