You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 hangs while connecting to Vatsim

Lukas Kulik 917478

Lukas Kulik 917478
Posted
Posted

hi,

yesterday i wanted to try one online flight in Europe (munich - nuernberg),everything ready,charts,and so on. first i started servinfo,to see where a controller is,then i started AVC, SBRelay, FS9 , the Multiplayer session, create a flight, then Squawkbox. I filled my flight plan,send it, went "Sqawkbox standby". Well everything was ok,...so i decided to connect to a server, i chosed the 'EUROPE-CW 212.112.234.46 Nurnberg, Germany CenterWest Europe Server ". and " Europe-CW europe-cw.vatsim.net Nurnberg " for voice. and,hmm,...i clicked on conection,and i heard the "beep" of AVC,...got two messages (because i use ZoneAlarm) "do you want to allow AVC to enter the net" and " do you want Vatsim to act as a server " (or something like this). Everything was ok,SBRelay showed the connection, said also that another player is online. But as i wanted to click onto FS9,i couldn't get into it,it hanged. the only thing i could do was to "end the task FS9".

Can someone say me why this happened? i mean 2 hours before that i got a normal connection,and nothing hangs,but i used another server (the US one). is it possible that the nuernberg server has problems with connection,or something like that? or is it because of that that i had to switch always between Windows and FS9,that it hangs after some time? How can i make it that if i want to change to Windows, the window of FS9 doesn't vanish?

Well i tried it 2-3 times more on this nuernberg server,but i got always the same problem and after that i haven't got the time to try another server

Can someone give me a possible solution for that,thanks

Lukas

Regards,

Lukas Kulik

VATSIM Supervisor

vACC-Germany

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hiya,

first of all check that you use the latest Version of ZoneAlarm. All other 5.x versions other than the latest are NOT compatible with our software.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Lukas Kulik 917478
Posted
Posted

sure,i use the newest one (2.12.04).

Perhaps it has something to do with that that i enter also the voice server into the connection window of Squawkbox?

Regards,

Lukas Kulik

VATSIM Supervisor

vACC-Germany

Lukas Kulik 917478
Posted
Posted

How can i make it that if i want to change to Windows, the window of FS9 doesn't vanish? perhaps i takes too long for FS9 to load,..so he hangs while connecting to Vatsim.

Regards,

Lukas Kulik

VATSIM Supervisor

vACC-Germany