You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Does anyone know the Cost Index for Caribbean airlines 737s?

Dario Brathwaite 1104692

Dario Brathwaite 1104692
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know the Cost Index for Caribbean airlines 737s? Also, what colour are their FMCs (white, green background etc) and the colour of the MCPs (white, orange etc). Its for the PMDG 737 thats why!! Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

those are usually hard to get unless you know someone who fly's for them or knows theyre SOP's.

here's an article tho thatll help you come up with your own numbers

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_2_07/AERO_Q207_article5.pdf

if they operate theyre 737's like some of the other carriers, itd probably be in the low 50's - 60's.

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Like Ernesto says, is based on the airline not the region. You have better changes of checking what the airlines do.

• 1 month later...
Richard Shaw 1083694
Posted
Posted

I hear they use 30, but PMDG does not simulate C.I. the FMC just lets you fill in the feild. In the PMDG styles menu, there is a perdetermined setting for BWIA. Flaps 5 takeoff is standard procedure for them.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
if they operate theyre 737's like some of the other carriers, itd probably be in the low 50's - 60's.

I think 50 is high for a 737. I inquired our TA about it, he said it depends on a lot of stuffs. But the rule of thumb is 65 for their Westcoast to Hawaii flights. So I'd guess 737's would probably be lower. But still, it greatly varies. You might want to ask the Airline's Operations about it.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp