You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS 2006

Erick Duran 946537

Erick Duran 946537
Posted
Posted

Any news about FS 2006??

Thanks,

Erick

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Yes, It'll be out in the first half of 2012, and it won't be called FS2006. It will be called Flight Simulator X! Of course it will only available to X-box users who are left handed.

No, really I'm just killing time here at work. I have no clue.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted
Yes, It'll be out in the first half of 2012, and it won't be called FS2006. It will be called Flight Simulator X! Of course it will only available to X-box users who are left handed.

No, really I'm just killing time here at work. I have no clue.

lol

From what I've heard, there's no news from Microsoft about when (if at all) FS10 will be released.

Peter Semadeni
Posted
Posted

I know this isnt a wish list but I heard an idea that was about the best I've heard for MSFS. The Xbox runs on minimal system aplications in order to dedicate as much of the consoles resources to the game. I wonder if anyone has ever thought of making an Flight Sim Operating System that is only the absolute minimum operating system to run MSFS. can you imagine the framerates youd get on something like that? Anyhow, if anyone does have any nws or if Microsoft people read this then think about it. OR if any software developers have a few thousand hours of free time there is probably some money to be made here. Enjoy.

Pete

1040.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I wonder if anyone has ever thought of making an Flight Sim Operating System that is only the absolute minimum operating system to run MSFS. can you imagine the framerates youd get on something like that?

Considering thta my OS consumes around 2% of my CPU cycles, 5% of my memory and places next to no demands on the GPU, I doubt if it would make much difference.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Kenneth Rodriguez 812503
Posted
Posted

I am sure that a next version of FS will be out. When? That is anyone's guess and of course you know that the FS Developers are tight-lipped.

If you are of the kind that likes to read between the lines however? Consider this. They went through the trouble of releasing a survey and selected virtual pilots to participate in an automatic feedback program to give the FS developers a better understanding of how we as simmers are using the sim. They had this data for the Vatsim convention. Pretty funny stuff actually, to find out that less than 50% of the simmers that participated used flaps on landing. (laughing hysterically)!!!!

They were out in force at the Vatsim convention and performed their presentation. They also attended the IFC over in the UK. I doubt that a corporation such as Microsoft would divert funds for sending a development team half way across the globe if there were no interest in pursuing the FS legacy.

I honestly do not know what the protocol is before MS would drop a project, but it seems there is still much interest in the sim continuing.

Of course, you will always have the nay-sayers, the rumor starters, and I really love this one: "I know someone at Microsoft who told me....." That is the best one that goes along with "I am good friends with a beta tester on the FS Team...."

Kind Regards.

3712.png

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

We don't want to mislead anyone out there....they definitely didn't attend the VATSIM convention. Nobody from Microsoft was there nor were there any presentations from the Flight Simulator development team. We DID get to meet and hear presentations from Joel DeYoung (developer for SB3) and Mike Evans (developer of ASRC) and on Saturday night, many of us in attendance got a chance to meet Ben Supnik (developer of a host of software used on VATSIM including AVC) which was great in and of itself. However, there wasn't anyone from Microsoft there (unfortunately).

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Kenneth Rodriguez 812503
Posted
Posted

I think I stand corrected. I believe they showed at the Avsim convention???

3712.png

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
I think I stand corrected. I believe they showed at the Avsim convention???

They did show up at the AVSIM convention, and when I talked to them about if there would be a FS2006, they responded with "We don't know. We get the call to start on it when they decide on it, and that is based off of sales/marketing, etc." They knew that there was an entire aviation community based around Flight simulators in general, but had never seen or heard of VATSIM until then. A couple of the developers even had stopped to watch us at ZLA do the Rush Hour and Exodus live on the floor. They were impressed, to say the very LEAST.

But they did not know if a FS2006 will be released, if at all. They did say that they may do another upgrade/service pack to fix other bugs, though.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

http://blogs.technet.com/beatlesblog/default.aspx

Is just one of many blogs that are on going about the futures of Flight Sims. While the one shown above is kind of dead right now, it's still a source.

JT

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

• 2 months later...
Fernando Sedeno 916182
Posted
Posted

here is a little link that might help ..... http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/notams06/fsx0104.htm

Fernando Sedeno

XPA015

"Keep those main rotor's turning"

Chris Gauthier 895085
Posted
Posted

Herre is a site for FS run by Microsoft that is a good site:

http://www.fsinsider.com

$mypvtrw() $radio()

{Name/Rank Not Allowed...See ServInfo and try not to crash}

{METAR Not allowed...Crash while checking Servinfo}

{No Other Info available...Excuse: No Bandwidth}

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

That site above, fsinsider.com, has some info concerning FSX.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png