You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Seen by ATC, seen by Pilots, chatbox empty

Rafal Bardel 863937

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Hello,

just a quick question, which ruined my ATC session last night.

I logged in as EPKK_TWR, set primary freq to 123.25 and marked, marked all receive/transmitt options, server: rw.liveatc.net, channel epkk_twr, all voice hardware configured, bar at the task bar at top of the screen shows my active frequency correctly and. Tried also with other voice servers.

I could communicate with pilots via text only, on the primary frequency as above. Pilots could see my position but never appeared in the channel chatbox.

When other frindly ATC tried to help me and joined the chatbox channel, they reported they saw me at 199.98

(?)

PS. At the same time, controlling at EPWA_T_APP - no problem at all...

Florian Harms
Posted
Posted

Rafal,

maybe a server issue? on which one were you connected?

Flo

Florian Harms

VATSIM Europe Division / DCRM

Supervisor

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Hi Flo,

Vatsim servers used: Oceania, Europe-CE tried alternately

Voice servers used: voice.vatsim.fi, rw.liveatc.net, also tried alternately

Thanks for your involvement

Rafal

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Did you try to simply restart ES?

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Yes, I did it a few times.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you make a screen shot of your connection dialog and voice dialog when you are online?

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Rafal, do you have any other voice programs running at the same time? i.e. teamspeak, ventrillo, roger wilco... I had this happen on a few occations when they were in conflict which resulted in a timeout on both...I would shutdown all voice programs, then re-start ES and let it run through the setup and login before I started the other voice programs.

Also, try to un-select the primary box, wait 10 seconds (my personal time, just to be sure) then re-select your primary channel again just to resync with the voice server...80% successful..the other 20% I end up restarting ES.

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Strangely enough, I had a training on app position in EPWA (all voice settings the same apart from the frequency) and all worked fine. Tried to logg in as EPKK twr and the same problem again.

I did not have other voice programs on. Maybe ATIS conflicted - but atis is on a different frequency. The thing is, from my side, as you can see on the scope, all looks ok, pilots can see my position, but when they change to my frequency, I cannot see them there in teh chatbox, no voice communication, but text on 123.25 no problem... I will try your method, Marvin, thank you.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

With PRIM selected but frequency displaying to others as 199.998 indicates you have facility-type set to Observer I believe. I've done this before, especially after re-installing, or switching betweeen certain login call-signs.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Mike, have a look above at the "coonnect dialog" window - position selected as TWR, correspondlingly with the rating.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Rafal I just logged as EPKK_TWR with no problems, with selected PRIM as it should (controllers and the server were seeing me with it).

One interesting things on your image, did you manually stop the Proxy server (or from the general settings) or is just didn't start?

Are you able to connect via VRC?

The problem is quite interesting and will keep dig in it, as it should be something very simple

Do you have any warring in the "server" channel in ES?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Ammmmm just to confirm, you do have pilots coming to your text freq channel, you just don't have any one in the voice channel? Or no one ATC/pilot can see your prim freq in the network?

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Pilots can see me and my position and my frequency. When they tune to it, they can communictate via text, but they do not appear in my chatbox as those on my frequency. Consequently, if they speak I can't hear them and vice versa.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Pilots can see me and my position and my frequency. When they tune to it, they can communictate via text, but they do not appear in my chatbox as those on my frequency. Consequently, if they speak I can't hear them and vice versa.

OK, I'm a bit confused,

When they tune to it, they can communictate via text, but they do not appear in my chatbox as those on my frequency

by chatbox, you mean the voice channel?

Rafal Bardel 863937
Posted
Posted

Yes. The voice channel. But what I did today: removed the entire entry for epkk_twr in the voice dialog box, then entered again a a new one. And ... it worked fine:).

Thank you all for your involement and good will to help .

Best regards to all.

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Todar, I've had the same problem before, it seems that the voice channel times out and doesn't allow the pilot nor me to communicate via voice, and the pilots names does not appear in the Voice dialog box. the steps I previously mentioned seemed to work (de-select prim, wait a few then select prim in the communications dialog), and we were able to text, wierd huh! I did notice this happens to me on the VATSIM servers that have more then 100 logged on, I do server surfing every now and again to get the one that works well for me.