You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HELP!!! Not visible online

Kevin Cagle 1120800

Kevin Cagle 1120800
Posted
Posted

I have been having problems not being able to be seen in vatspy, vattastic, and servinfo while connected as FLL_GND. Pilots and controllers in the network can see me in vrc, fsinn, sweatbox but not vatspy vattastic zmaartcc website or servinfo. My hours online are not acruing either. Why?

I had no problems before september 6th.

My ATIS shows but that is all.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you are connected as an S1 controller and not Observer? Looks like you connected as OBS on Sep 6th, maybe you forgot to change that in the drop down. In VRC, you will be showing up under the observer, not under the controller list, but still visible . Not sure how pilots see you though, just a thought!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Kevin Cagle 1120800
Posted
Posted

I am selecting Ground with S1 rating. Pilots, controllers, and sup show me online, and verified the servers. but the data output to the other places disregards me.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

try a different server, sometimes happens when they split from the data servers

Kevin Cagle 1120800
Posted
Posted

tried. its something on vatsim's side.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

If vatspy vatastic, servinfo, vroute ect can't see you then there's an issue with the data feed they are receiving since they do not have direct access to the live data from the servers

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I have been having problems not being able to be seen in vatspy, vattastic, and servinfo while connected as FLL_GND. Pilots and controllers in the network can see me in vrc, fsinn, sweatbox but not vatspy vattastic zmaartcc website or servinfo. My hours online are not acruing either. Why?

Hi, Kevin. Visit the FSInn Help forum and you won't have any problems. Look at the Please Read sticky and follow the steps provided in the two messages provided in the bold item #1.

Your issue is specifically addressed in the second of the two messages (the FAQ linked in the installation sticky). If you perform the steps provided under that related question and make a reference to us what you actually did on your computer your issue will be removed.

While viewing the list of questions you'll see other very important tips that will enhance your FSInn/VATSIM experience.

Thanks in advance for testing and reported on the effectiveness of our published information.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Hi, Kevin. Visit the FSInn Help forum and you won't have any problems. Look at the Please Read sticky and follow the steps provided in the two messages provided in the bold item #1.

Your issue is specifically addressed in the second of the two messages (the FAQ linked in the installation sticky). If you perform the steps provided under that related question and make a reference to us what you actually did on your computer your issue will be removed.

While viewing the list of questions you'll see other very important tips that will enhance your FSInn/VATSIM experience.

Thanks in advance for testing and reported on the effectiveness of our published information.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

You realize he's a controller, right?

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

You realize he's a controller, right?

Thanks, Ryan. No. I didn't. It's a common problem users running FSInn reports. I had tried to see which client he was running, but couldn't find the reference. I was wondering why he had mentioned hours controlling. I thought it was a controller trying out the pilot's end.

Anyway, I haven't loaded any of the ATC client's yet, so I'll have to sit this one out.

Sorry, Kevin. Hope some of the other tips have worked for you.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted
I have been having problems not being able to be seen in vatspy, vattastic, and servinfo while connected as FLL_GND. Why?

Sorry would you not have a four letter ICAO code.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

not in the US. the IATA's are the same as the ICAO code, just without the "K" / country code

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
not in the US. the IATA's are the same as the ICAO code, just without the "K" / country code

Thats not entirely true Ernesto. There are numerous exceptions.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep, not saying that was the reason, just saying they match here, least on the mainland. alaska and hawaii use "P"

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Just to let everyone know, Kevin's issue was sorted out last night.

He was visible on the datafeed, vroute, dolomynum and servinfo, but VATSpy, Vattastic and his ARTCC website were not showing him as online.

Seemingly it was being caused by a : in his atismaker feed that was placed by using the $time command. I have asked him to post in the VRC forums to alert Ross to this.

I'm sure he'll do that today.

Cheers!