You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Application for vACC Malta Webmaster

Daniel Eamon Brennan

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted

Dear All,

With Cillian's departure as Acting Webmaster, I am opening the floor to application for this post within the vACC.

Malta is a small and developing vACC within VATEUD and, is currently part of the "Open Skies" initiative which, is attracting more and more attention as of late.

Successful applicants will be competent with webcoding and design and should have enough free time to delegate to creating and maintaining the website on a day-to-day basis.

There is currently a template in the format of Joomla which, with Cillian's permission could be used - applicants are not limited to Joomla.

What is needed is a home/welcome page, a controllers' page, a pilots' page, a docomeents page, a tab to the forum, the usual admin. pages, a feedback page and, an events and PR page.

There is a donated URL and hosting along with an IPB forum which is to be integrated with the website.

Applicants should not have had any "major" disciplinary action(s) taken against them in the past six to twelve months (i.e. a network suspension in excess of 48HRS).

All applicants will be considered on an individual basis and ATC rating is irrelevant.

If possible, applicants may wish to show their current, and/or previous work.

If you are interested, please contact me using: [email protected]

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Daniel Eamon Brennan - C3

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted

Dear All,

Please join me in welcoming Neil Stewart to the webteam. Neil brings a wealth of experience to vACC Malta and, I for one am looking forward to seeing his new work which is very much needed for this project! Congratulations and Welcome Aboard Neil!

Daniel Eamon Brennan - C3

Luke Cunningham
Posted
Posted

Well done Neil!

Luke Cunningham

Senior Controller

VATSIM United Kingdom

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Neil,

Congratulations and welcome. I have read your application form and note many innovations that you would like to bring to the role. Feel free to contact me to discuss the practicalities of these.

Regards,

Thomas George

Neil Stewart
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the welcome guys.

1st Priority is to focus on the website itself and the template and content issues. The more fancy features will be down the line somewhere.

I'm sure you will get more than a few emails Thomas regarding some of the integration ideas, but basics first.

Neil

generate.php?mid=2719

ACCML2

vACC Malta

Pedro Diogo 985361
Posted
Posted

Welcome Neil

Pedro Diogo