You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Brakes Hanging

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I think this qualifies as a hardware issue but I am not sure as it happens with CH pedal use and also with keyboard. I apparently am unable to get the toe brakes to fully release. I have verified that the parking brake is off but taxiing is extremely diffucult- airplane is unresponsive from a standing start and requires a prodigious amount of power in order to start taxiing. Then it needs a high power setting to maintain taxi and if I stop movement it takes a long application of full power to get rolling again.

I have tried disabling the brakes in the FS joystick [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments and re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning and recalibrating. All of that seems to be working as it should. I also tried disabling the FS function and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning and calibrating the brakes with FSUIPC using the Direct to FSUIPC option and it does not help either.

One other curious but not necessarily related issue is that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning the throttle(s) on my CH TQ through FSUIPC results in full power being only about 90-95% of available thrust range. This also happens if I turn off the TQ and run the throttle through the Flight Yoke throttle control or attempt to use the F4 keyboard command.

The fact that both of these problems are appearing at the same time makes me wonder if it is not coincidental but I have tried a full re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment and recalibration of the controls and it has not solved the problem.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Some payware addons modulate the min/max throttle values through panel or gauge coding to more closely follow real world engine performance. Microsoft did such a good job designing the core of the engine model, if someone wants to make an engine behave realistically they need to fight the sim

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

That is not the case in this instance. It occurs whether using default aircraft or add-ons and worked as it should for a long time before this. This problem came about recently when I decided to change some [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments. However, I did not change the axes for the throttles and I believe I had the brakes operating before as FS [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments and it worked just fine.

I did check and verify that there were no duplicate [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments (FS and FSUIPC) so those to fighting each other is not a factor.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have you calibrated with FSUIPC? make sure when you let the pedals go that it goes to 0 or whatever it should be at when you let go. if not, when you calibrate, try leaving the brakes depressed just a little when you go to let go. quick way to trick it. you can also adjust the null zones

same for the throttle. i had to do that on my old stick, instead of moving the throttle fully when calibrating it, i would move it maybe 90% during calibration. that way it would accept the full value afterwords when its done.

works for reverse thrust too, even if you dont have reversers on the throttle when you calibrate, start the throttle at about 30%. that way when you throw the throttle back, instead of idling, youll have reversers

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I solved the problem the old fashioned way. I exited FS and then started it up again. All controls are responding as they should and I am a happy camper.

Thanks for the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance and suggestions.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png