You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cross-platform EuroScope

Dimitar Angelov 1122930

Dimitar Angelov 1122930
Posted
Posted

EuroScope is amazing!

There is only one thing... it cannot run on anything else but Windows.

Do you think you will, at some point, consider "re-writing" it on Qt ? By doing this you will have instantly a Windows, Mac and Linux executables from the same source code. And of course take advantage of all the nice things that come with the Qt framework.

I know that it is probably a M[Mod - Happy Thoughts]IVE task to do, when in situation of "win only" source.

Because, a cross-platform EuroScope would be the killer!

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Добър ден Димитър,

This has been talk before, and for now there are no plans to rewrite ES for MAC or Linux, but there are different ways to run it on these OS. Check the Controller section for these threads.

Поздрави

Dimitar Angelov 1122930
Posted
Posted
for now there are no plans to rewrite ES for MAC or Linux

Здравей!

Just to make a little clarification, what I am asking/suggesting is not a rewrite of the application for Linux and/or for Mac... if it is "ported" to the Qt framework, the application could instantly be compilable on Windows, Mac and Linux at the same time with 1 source code. Anyway, thanks for the reply, will check the info that you are referring me to.

p.s.: I've had hard time running ES on my Mac with all kinds of windows emulators. Finally I settled with running it on windows 7 thru remote desktop