You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Simulator Suggestion

Phillip Speer

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

I have a couple of ideas for the next version (apols if they've already been covered).

1 - the ability to give a leave on a heading instruction from a waypoint in the flight plan.

2 - to be able to give a holding instruction to an aircraft before directly inbound to the hold point eg: if the hold is at TIMBA and the aircraft is routing DET LARCK TIMBA then the hold instruction can be given before LARCK.

Thanks

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Yes please. In fact, I've already requested that aircraft should hold automatically when the final waypoint is a defined hold (instead of continuing on the last heading as they do now). This would be cancelled as soon as a heading is entered.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
I have a couple of ideas for the next version (apols if they've already been covered).

1 - the ability to give a leave on a heading instruction from a waypoint in the flight plan.

I am sure this would be visually nice to see. Do you have an idea how the GUI in EuroScope should look like? I think it would make either HDG- or Next Points-menus a bit overcomplicated.

Maybe this idea could be linked to parsing special waypoints from the flightplan. I guess (but am not sure) some ICAO-route-format should exist to name WAYPOINT/RADIAL/DISTANCE points.