You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A small problem what makes me crazy!

Tamas Bulejsza 907413

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

-Hello!

I have been facing with a problem for a while and I hope somebody can help me. I have downloaded everything I need to fly on-line and installed these neccessary programs as it was written in the manuals.

When I try to get connected to VATSIM everything work well, but when I try to start SB I get a pop-up Window with an error message.It sais that "DirectPlayer Sample Unable to join to game". I click on 'ok' and the SB starts.I can connect to the server, I have position, the controller can see me on his radar, my plane can be seen by the other pilots around me....but I can see nobody!

This error message I mentioned above appears after the SB finds the session -SBRelay 812**** and I click on 'Join". button.Nothing happens for 25-35 seconds - the computer seems to be frezen down because even I click on the desktop no reaction - and after this I get that pop-up window with the error.

The biggest problem is, that after a week I tried to connect to the vatsim...the SB started well and I was on the net, I could see planes around me!!!However, my success and pleasure took only for a short time because after 2-3 successful join I got the same error message I wrote.

I have tested my directx and all of its components but according to the results of this tests everything was OK.

Is anybody here who have already met with this problem?Any idea what to do??

Thank you in advance!!

Tamas

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

Dave thenk you for the link and I have learned a lot from it.Now I can connect but I cannot see other players. I have position -I checked both on the servinfo and vatsin display - I have run dxdiag...no problem was found....but I heve the long error number which, according to the manual, refers to an error with my directx. I have 9.0c version installed on my computer.

It might be the problem with my closed ports neccessary for multiplayer games but I do not know how to open them.

Can anyone else give ideas how to open a port on my computer?

Thanks for everyone who can help me!

Tamas

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Now I can connect but I cannot see other players. I have position -I checked both on the servinfo and vatsin display

1. Check the muliplayer range in Squawkbox option (Off, 5nm, 10mn etc).

2. Check that the application Squawkbox is registered in FSUIPC.

3. It can be a port in your firewall that is not open. Thats why SB send, but your computer not accept received data.

Mayby TCP it open but not UDP.

Here is all information I have about ports:

I can't say for sure what port need to open, but following is as I use, and it works for me.

In summary all opened ports for Squawkbox, SBRelay and AVC, I myself have open:

TCP and UDP, 6809.

TCP and UDP, 6703.

UDP, 1900.

UDP, 6073.

UDP, 23456.

UDP, 3290.

UDP, 3782.

I have read existing docomeents as following:

"

Vatsim doc say:

6809 - for Squawkbox TCP/UDP

6703 for SBRelay (if Used) TCP/UDP

1900/6073/23456 for Direct Play UDP

In addition the AVC support write about:

UDP port 3290 and 3782.

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.html

If you have a router or firewall, try forwarding the following ports to your PC's internal IP address (see above for help locating your PC's internal IP, see your router or firewall's manual for help with forwarding ports):

* TCP 47624

* UDP 2300 to 2400

* UDP 6073

"

In Addition to this chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay, I recommend not to set DMZ (DeMillitaryZone), how I understand, it open all ports for one computer in a router.

And still the question, Tamas do you have a router?

What router or what firewall program do you use ?

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

Thanks for the help!

I have Windwa firewall and I tried to connect after I had switched it off....but the reault was the same.I could not see airplanes around me.

I am not an expert on the computers....so...what is the ROUTER and please anybody would be so kind as to explain me how to open the neccessary ports??!!!

T.

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
Hi!

Thanks for the help!

I have Windwa firewall and I tried to connect after I had switched it off....but the reault was the same.I could not see airplanes around me.

I am not an expert on the computers....so...what is the ROUTER and please anybody would be so kind as to explain me how to open the neccessary ports??!!!

T.

I don't think it's a router issue, but a connectivity issue. When you start up your multiplayer, are you sure that you are joining the room that SBRelay creates for you, or hosting your own? I had that same problem before, and it was because I created my own room. You need to join the room SBRelay creates. Once that's done, you're set.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

When I connect I connect I join to the room what SBRelay creates. However, I guess it is going to be the problem with my direct play beacause the error message what I get in the SBrelay screen is refer to that.I think I have to open the ports but I do not know how to do it.

T.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Well I don't know if your issue is router, but I will try explane firewalls.

Beside firewall. If you have any anti-virus program, turn it complete off. It's not needed to run, and you can scan your computer for virus after disconnect.

When connected to internet, you need a firewall or you will get virus.

A firewall can be in your computer, such as Windows XP firewall, or other as "ZoonAlarm".

A firewall is also built in in router. A router is a hardware box outside the computer to make several computers share the internet connection.

A Modem type ADSL can also sometime has a built in firewall, specific multi modem for several computers.

You must open ports in the firewall to enjoy Vatsim.

Windows XP firewall is not recommended for Vatsim (problem to connect according to Vatsim forum).

Use "ZoonAlarm" (search this Forum) and turn Windows XP firewall off.

If you have a router or modem with firewall, then turn it off or configure it by open ports in the router.

The last might be to prefere if you have several computer at home.

You need ony one kind of firewall to be turned on.

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi Lennart!

Thanks for your explanation and . However, I do not know how to open a port in my computer!Is there manual about it on the net for not professional users as I am?a manual which explain what shall I open where shall I click to.....you know how I mean:)

T.

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hello!

One more thing!After I join the VATSIM I get an error message in the SBRe lay. It is: Error 0x80158510 Connecting to host.

According to a manual it refers to the problem with my direct play.I ran dxdig but the report said: No problem found.

Any idea what it can be?

T.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> However, I do not know how to open a port in my computer

Also I don't know how to open ports in your computer, because I don't know what firewall you have.

You must first say if you chose the firewall "Zone Alarm" or what firewall.

If you chose the firewall "Zone Alarm", search keyword "Zone Alarm" in this forum (I correct my pore English spelling now).

You will find download address and more information.

I can't help you my self with "Zone Alarm" cause I don't use it (I have router).

But a lot Vatsim user use Zone Alarm.

>Error 0x80158510

Don't know what it mean.

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted
Hello!

One more thing!After I join the VATSIM I get an error message in the SBRe lay. It is: Error 0x80158510 Connecting to host.

According to a manual it refers to the problem with my direct play.I ran dxdig but the report said: No problem found.

Any idea what it can be?

T.

Try stopping/disabling the SSDP Discovery Service and Universal Plug and Play Service from Services.msc (go Start->Run, type in Services.msc). I've had this problem, but cannot recall if it's from the firewall (Zone Alarm), the aforementioned services, or from being behind a DSL router

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I switched off the services earlier so I guess my problem should be somewhere else. I do not use Zone alarm.I have Windows SP2 firewall and even I awitch it off I have that error message.However, I do not know if I have a firewall built in my modem.

T.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> I do not know if I have a firewall built in my modem.

Ok if you had firewall I think you could not connect at all.

> I have Windows SP2 firewall and even I awitch it off I have that error message

Then this problem is not firewall.

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

Tamas,

Go here http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml and download TCPView and run it. At the very least it will show which ports are open and that may give the network gurus a bit more to work on.

Best of luck.

Vulcan

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

Can anybody explain me how to open a port?I have Windows XP. I opened - at least I guess - all of the ports on my pc which are in the messages above.However, nothing has happened and I am afraid of doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Tamas

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

Just one more thing! Can somebody explain me how to forward a port to my pc?

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

How can I check if I have a router? I have XP.