You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

22hrs on TWR ?!

Mateusz Zymla

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

I want to report member Maciej Olborski (1066926). Why? Look @ it:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4206/106692621h28min.png

And he's still on-line. When I asked him, how He did it, he answered, that he wasn't sleep. He said me, that Supervisiors was "testing" him, too.

But Maybe he can answer ('cause he's not sleeping) but his concentration and observation is getting severly down!

What do u thing abut it ?

@Edit!

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7845/23h.png

23hrs.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

VATSIMer since 2009, IRL pilot rated.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

I did 24 hours of non-stop ATC last year. On purpose, as an event. What's wrong with that?

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

But.. If it's an event it's smaller problem. Why ? Easy. "Around" you are other controllers, which you've to communicate all the time, and if u make mistake, they'll see that.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

Scott Diamond 1001574
Posted
Posted

If I were on the Board of Governors, I'd lobby to implement a script to automatically disconnect any connections over 5hrs. I would not want any blame at all for any psychological complaints or complaints from worried parents that their son is spending too long on a network I have responsibility for.

What's wrong with that? Well, without wanting to sound as if I'm preaching, absolutely nobody should be occupied by one task for that length of time. Everyone needs a break and everyone needs their sleep and exercise; the proof is out there in academic papers if you do a quick Google search.

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

And when I suggested him to disconnect, he said, that I haven't to say anything, and he know better, whats' better for him.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

Maciej Olborski 1066926
Posted
Posted

I dont see any problem with this. I think there is no limits on this yet?. Its my own time i have holidays from school. I will have time to make a good sleep like in 50years. I am not making any errors as for now so i dont see any problems with it. When i feel i am to tired to do this i will just logoff and go sleep, not yet my eyes are even not closing.

Ciao

Maciej.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

In that case we should all limit flights to a maximum of five hours, cancelling from now on all oceanic flights for instance and longhaul flights. In accordance.

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

But, easy example:

I was listening ur freq. for several minutes and You've got 1 traffic, outbound. And you was arguing with me, that you said "Report to taxi". But you said "Request to taxi".. And have got sth like that errors. Maybe it's not important, but if you say sth bad ex. to landing acft or if you'll be granted to STU3, and u do sth bad on APP, consequences can be enormous!

@Miguel: But look: At real world pilots flying 7 hrs. And they have less to do that controller, who has to break after 2hrs of working.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are places in the world were controllers will be on duty for 8 hours (most likely they have the same amount of traffic that Prestwick had when Maciej controlled there now).

I'm with Miguel on this, I do not see why we need a restriction on this? If he's there and want to be by the computer for 22 hours then we shouldn't stop him. And I'm not buying that the parents would go at vatsim for their son being connected (not that I have any idea how old Maciej is in this case, he could be 30 for all I know), firstly we have a lot of memebers that do not live with their parents and even have kids of their own. And if a parent was to accuse vatsim for keeping someone glued to the computer, then I belive a regulation wouldn't matter.

By the way, how would consequences be enormous? And how would they be more enormous on approach then on tower? It's a simulation, the worst consequence here is that fs-p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers will give someone minus points.

Edited by Guest

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

[Removed: I don't think you would appreciate other members giving out personal information about you, so I would recommend not doing it to other people. -GL 967365]

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted
But, easy example:

And have got sth like that errors. Maybe it's not important, but if you say sth bad ex. to landing acft or if you'll be granted to STU3, and u do sth bad on APP, consequences can be enormous!

Really? How?

Members of VATSIM are welcome to enjoy this hobby as they wish, as long as they stay within the rules. As there are no rules regarding the length of connection (as long as the connection is attended), then there is no issue here. End of discussion before this turns into a mud-slinging match.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo