You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Laptop Clock went back 1 hour

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

k for whatever reason, last night on my laptop, the clock turned back 1 hour on its own.

DST isnt supposed to occur until November sooooo?

any clues?

i adjusted the clock this morning to the correct current time. the time zone never changed, GMT -5.

however the darn thing still thinks the time is wrong, ive been having problems trying to get updates from VATSPY because of it. if i turn the clock back to the incorrect time, vatspy works, if i turn it forward to the correct time, it thinks the data is old

whats even funnier is the clock on my other PC is right. its just the laptop being the oddball

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
k for whatever reason, last night on my laptop, the clock turned back 1 hour on its own. DST isnt supposed to occur until November sooooo?

2004 called. They want their DST definitions back. What OS are you using?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

XP

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Take a peek here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955839/

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Or in the real world our clocks went back last night at 0200 Local time to 0100z time

non-discript self importance signature

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

What I do for my devices that don't have patches is change the time zone for the two week interval while everybody falls into sync. This way it functions correctly for the world's correct time and reports to me the expected time without having to perform and calculations.

I do that for my PDA.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thanks. that did it, downloaded the update, now its in sync again