You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Alex Shorey 1173296

Alex Shorey 1173296
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone,

As you can see by the title im a newbie Vatsim Pilot.

I have all of the software installed and configured correctly,

Been flying FS now for about 3 and a half years online offline,

Also have our own Va With FSAirlines,

I have been on Listening To Pilot's And ATC.

So why do i feel Nervous as hell, About making the next step which is actually Submitting a flight plan And Flying it?

I have never flown using Proper ATC, And i suppose my Flying Skills are not what you would call Proper,

I just dont want to mess this up For myself or for anyone else

Anyone got any Advice for me before i take the Huge Step

Thank you

Alex

matthew smith
Posted
Posted

I have just recently started online and it is scary to start with but everyone is very helpfull.

go for it!

CRX244.png

Alex Shorey 1173296
Posted
Posted

Mathew thanks for reply,

Where did you Do your First Flight and in what If dont mind me asking.

Thing i worrying about is What if i get it all Wrong especially With ATC.

Alex

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

If you get it all wrong, we will ...

*dramatic silence*

Just say it over again.

Seriously, it happens all the time. With experienced pilots aswell, you just ask us to say it again and we will. If you mess up, we'll let you know and guide you right again.

Controllers (usually) won't bite, we're quite nice and if you feel unsecure feel free to send us a PM and let us know and we'll help you out

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

matthew smith
Posted
Posted

My first flight was a short one from liverpool to cardiff in a bae 146.

Just put on your flight plan its your first flight and the controllers will help you!

Everybody makes mistakes

CRX244.png

Alex Shorey 1173296
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone

Well thank you all kindly, For all advice and Kind words of re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]urance.

I think i will keep on reading tonight. Then Sometime tomorrow i am going to Do my First Flight

I'm still nervous, but hey i got to Be positive. And just do it, then never look back.

Thank you all again

Alex

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

Welcome Alex - and don't worry about being nervous, it hapepens to us all. Have a read of the thread at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5251 and you'll find you're in good company.

My only hint would be not to start at Heathrow or Gatwick as they can be very busy. My first flight was Stansted to Birmingham. Put "new pilot" in your remarks, and the controller will be happy to help.

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi Everyone

Well thank you all kindly, For all advice and Kind words of re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]urance.

I think i will keep on reading tonight. Then Sometime tomorrow i am going to Do my First Flight

I'm still nervous, but hey i got to Be positive. And just do it, then never look back.

Thank you all again

Alex

That's the attitude, Alex. Keep in mind that VATSIM is here for everyone, both the new pilots that are not experienced with VATSIM and the veterans. Everyone was new at one time.

Also, please feel free to fly wherever you want to fly with the aircraft of your choice that you have practiced with and enjoy using. Some people have a concept of flying small aircraft going to short places. Some people have the concept of flying larger aircraft going to faraway places and recreating flights they may have taken as p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers in the real world… or flights and places they aspire to take. It’s your choice and VATSIM is available.

If the controllers can’t handle a new pilot mixing in with their veterans, they are in the need of education. I’m sure your participation will contribute to their education.

In conjunction with helpful advice you’ve been given, take a look at:

New Member with some questions!:

viewtopic.php?p=384061#p384061

Welcome to the Network… Enjoy!

edit: In view of your post and attitude your participation and flights will be a contribution to the network, not a burden in any way.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!