You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TGIF Boston

Daniel Roesen

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Wow,

guys in Boston... your performance yesterday evening was incredible. We were some four pilots from Germany/Austria/Switzerland (VACC-SAG)

"piggybacking" on the KCLE-KBOS TGIF and were all blasted aways by the professionalism and skill the Boston Center and Approach folks were showing.

Congratulations. Seeing up to five or planes established on the ILS 4R with 3-3.5NM spacing on ServInfo looked great.

Thanks guys (also to CLE_DEP who did also a great job!), we'll be back!

Sorry to BOS_TWR that I've disappeared while taxiing on the apron... got two VATSIM disconnects and finally a flightsim crash. As far as I heard, a lot of

other folks had probs like that too... looks like those traffic levels do push the system to the limits.

Best regards,

Daniel (flying as DLH5401, member of the VACC-SAG Cowboy Ride-Out gang)

"You staff (predictably), we fly!"

Dave Pascoe 824425
Posted
Posted

Glad you enjoyed flying the TGIF as much as we enjoyed controlling it. We train hard for events like this, and enjoy every minute of an event that comes off without a hitch.

Dave Pascoe

Founder, LiveATC.net

Thomas Parker
Posted
Posted

Here here.. I, too, had a great time with both Cleveland and Boston. Excellent ATC all around. My first TGIF and what an experience!! To bad my computer froze at the FAF.

See you in the skies.

Tom (Flying as BTA932 - Jetlink)

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Cleveland Center was getting swamped to, he did an awesome job though keeping track of everyone

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

I was watching from my post as Moncton Center - They all did an excellent job, and made full use of the ATC Channel too

BravoZulu you guys!

Liam Mallon 819070
Posted
Posted

I'm a regular into and out of Boston and believe them to be among the best out there! Whether as COA336 or Chatauqua**** it's always fun. A great event, thanks Boston!

lmallon_sig11.png

Jeffery Williams 849847
Posted
Posted

Yes, nice job indeed guys. I was very impressed.

Jeffery Williams (WOA100/200)

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

Best TGIF I've been flying into in a very long time. Can't wait for the next one!

1000.png