You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Win7 to Vista

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

k so long story short, my step sister took her laptop to get fixed for something and got ripped off. they asked her if she wanted to upgrade to Win7, she said sure.

but what they installed for her was an illegal copy of Win7. even has the little notes on the bottom right telling you its illegal

i know times are hard, but sheesh

anyway, im trying to fix it for her now. performing a system restoration to get rid of win7 and put it back to vista.

she doesnt have her Vista CD tho. its an Acer laptop, i was told a few months ago while fixing another Acer PC that they dont send CD's anymore, the windows app can be installed from the partition, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the partition was not deleted.

is that correct?

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Yes , that correct but on most of those laptops where they dont give you the software its a hidden partition and you have to ring Acer or whomever to getthe code to get to the hidden partition. It's like that with my wife's laptop.

That said iwould begoing back to the store or where ever with the laptop and the MIcrosoft police because installing an illegal copy of WIN7 is a huge crime if its been done by a store. Who theoretically should have windows resellers licence.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thanks, yea i asked her where she took it when she brought it over, told her to go get her money and have them fix it, wasnt a store tho so thats why im stuck doin it

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
:lol: thanks, yea i asked her where she took it when she brought it over, told her to go get her money and have them fix it, wasnt a store tho so thats why im stuck doin it

Wasn't a store? What was it?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Sounds like one of them neighborhood kids

Ernesto!!! Win7 is much better and more stable than Vista.

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i suspect ryan would be correct everyone wants to play computer tech these days just to make a quick buck.

its fixed now tho