You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS and Windows 7 64Bit

Grant Bonsant 1163630

Grant Bonsant 1163630
Posted
Posted

Is anyone running either MSFS FX or F9 on a 64 bit Windows 7 install? Just curious before I go through all the h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le of installing either of those and having it not work.

Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

many users on here are. im still on XP myself

just keep in mind there may be a few little extra things you may have to do, like running some things as administrator, etc.

as far as FS and vatsim software, you should have no issues. if you do run into something, supports available here all the time. you may want to check support for your payware addons tho

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Works fine, just run as admin.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

matthew smith
Posted
Posted

I use fs9 with windows 7 64bit and don't have any problems!!

CRX244.png

Ian Oliver
Posted
Posted

FSX + UTX Europe + FSInn on W7 64bit ... runs like a charm!

What processor and graphics card do you have and how much memory...?

Ian

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Is anyone running either MSFS FX or F9 on a 64 bit Windows 7 install? Just curious before I go through all the h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le of installing either of those and having it not work.

Thanks

The only issue I experience is the UIAutomationCore.dll issue. It's resolved by placing a Vista version in the FSX root folder. I wouldn't recommend tampering with the installed one. It could cause issues with other applications that use it. But having a Vista UIAutimationCore.dll file in the FSX root directory will resolve FSX's compatibility issue, whereas it searches first the install directory before grabbing the systemwide version.

You can get the working Vista version for the download section of http://flightsim.apollo3.com .

As far as anything else, as others have mentioned, the only differences I see if better performance.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Rauno Maisa 1018208
Posted
Posted

The most probability of an error would be yes, as told, the UIAutomationCore.dll problem and also you might encounter some bugs with Wilco/FeelThere aircraft, but those are quite minor.

Grant Bonsant 1163630
Posted
Posted

well, I installed FSX and installed the 2 service packs. I'm impressed by the scenery, but I STILL find the aircraft lagging.....when I change any parameter(alt/heading/etc.) It seems a little slow to react. Same with turns. The exterior of the aircraft and the scenery looks good....but I find the interiors don't look very spectacular. I have pretty much all my settings to max as well.

I'm running a quad core 3G with 6GRam and an ATI HD5series videocard, so I expected things to look a little more amazing than they do....so I'm kinda disappointed at this time.

Rauno Maisa 1018208
Posted
Posted

It might take a little bit of fiddling with the settings and the default aircraft don't look good anyways. I am running a 4870x2 with a quad@ 3.2ghz and 4gigs of ram and everywhere else except Innsbruck(Aerosoft) I have 27 fps in the limiter and you can check out the graphics from my "Meet the Embraer" screenshot thread(pics are unedited).