You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invisible FSX aircraft.

Alexander Lynskey 1105924

Posted
Posted

Hey guys, thanks for lookin at my problem.

Anyway, I have a pretty good computer, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6660 (Stock Speeds), NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT with drivers 260.99 installed, a Gigabyte motherboard (no idea which one) and 2x WD Cavier Black Hard Drives, 1 750gb and the other 500gb and 4gb of DDR2 RAM, with W7 Home premium 64BIT as the operating system.

The problem exactly: All my FSX aircdraft (the ones that I'am flying) appear invisbile/transparent, however this does not affect AI aircraft, such as models shown by FSINN (Other VATSIM users). All that I see in turns of my aircraft are the various lights and nothing else, not even the gear. However, the cockpit of the aircraft work fine and I can even see the external aspects of the planes from the virtual cockpit, just not the aeroplane from an external view, like nothing is there. Mysteriously, sound works. I flew 8 hours yesterday without the problem occuring however when I turned on the computer this morning the problem occured, which was teh first time in my 600+ of flight simming hours.

Just a heads up, Im not running FSX with DX10 Preview, nor have I ever. Execpt that this guy on a forum I was reading saido switch it on then off to see if that helped, which it didn't. Ive also tried running FSX in compatibility mode (as stated somehwere on the AVSIM forums).

Thanks for you time, Alex.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Update your graphics drivers.

run a diagnosis on your directX installation. to do that, click Start > Run > type dxdiag

run through the various tests to be sure DX10 is working fine

Posted
Posted

Thanks Ernesto,

I did a graphics check just before posting my initial message and the NVIDIA auto update tool said I was fine (having the latest update)

I did the dxdiag tool like you said, and nothing came up, possibly the fact that my computer is running DX11

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

issue is something with the model or texture files. (aircraft)

check other aircraft, check default aircraft and textures.

if fails, reinstall (repair) not uninstall/install.

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Tony Vienonen 1136602
Posted
Posted

Do you have SP1 and SP2 installed? Not having them can make some planes invisible.

tvieno.gif1136602.jpg

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Alex, if you have SP1 and 2, then have you tried the HIMEM fix that was posted by Jesus Altuve on the avsim forums? When using payware, this used to happen to me a lot especially before this fix.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1