You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSB and Multiple Monitors

Carlos Meneses 907180

Carlos Meneses 907180
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Has any one been able to use XSB on one computer and then, using another computer as extra anything, been able to see other planes on VATISM?

I currently have one computer as the master, which is the one that XSB runs and able to see every one else on VATISM. The other I have as extra anything but other planes don't show up. Just the dumb ALI (artificial LACK of inteligence) ones.

Been trying to figure this out for a while but have given up. I'm sure someone out there has the technical savy to work this out.

- Carlos

--

Carlos F. Meneses

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

This is not possible at the moment, as far as I know, without the introduction of an xsquawkbox proxy. Your main machine is connected to VATSIM, and is displaying aircraft, but your second instance of xplane is not. The second one is simply receiving coordinates, control settings, and weather from the master and updating the location based on that. Otherwise, there isn't that close a link between the master and secondary boxes. That's why you don't see the XSB aircraft on the secondary.

The choices would be:

1) author a new xplane plugin to run on secondary boxes to communicate with the primary installation of XSB to draw the aircraft

2) author an xsquawkbox proxy that allows multiple xsb clients to connect to it, while the proxy itself connects to the vatsim network. In theory, you wouldn't need to modify the existing XSB code at all, as the proxy would act as the server to which XSB connects (while the proxy would connect to the real vatsim server).

Either way, some new code has to be written.

Keith

Carlos Meneses 907180
Posted
Posted
...Either way, some new code has to be written.

Hmmm, don't know anything about coding.

I did try going to Setting>Data Inpute & Output>Data Set tab and on the main machine having #20-#22 (all planes: lat, lon, alt) check boxes set for "Data will go to the internet" option. Doing this I also had to go the Inet 2 tab and check of "IP address of data reciever" on the main machine and "IP address of data sender" on the extra anything machine.

Like you said, it's not possible. But I did give it a try. I will request this feature to the author of XSB. I'll have to wait till it's implemented in futer versions of XSB, if ever.

Thanks for your reply.

--

Carlos F. Meneses