You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Request - 31st 19z00-21z30

Thomas Agnew 1154752

Thomas Agnew 1154752
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I'm requesting ATC for a group flight between CYHZ and KTEB, by virtual airline Fly UK. This is the last leg of 6 where we have taken small planes from the south of England via Iceland, Greenland and flying into New York City. We are planning a 1900z departure from Halifax, with a group of at least 6 confirmed.

The route is as follows:

HIDIG J575 BOS J75 CMK DCT TEB

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Thomas Agnew - Fly UK Airways

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Might be better to contact ZBW and ZNY ECs directly.

Thomas Agnew 1154752
Posted
Posted

EC = Events Committee ?

Apologies, not familiar with the processes for requests here in North America!

Thomas

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
EC = Events Committee ?

Apologies, not familiar with the processes for requests here in North America!

Thomas

Close, Events Coordinator. Not a lot of ARTCCs actively browse the VATSIM forums so your best bet is to contact them directly.

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Well I know ZNY & KTEB would be happy to oblige. Dec 31st late afternoon, huh? I will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] that along and see if we can't have some folks around to greet you.

Ira R..

Ira Robinson

Thomas Agnew 1154752
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much for all your help. It was an impromptu event in itself - due to a mix up in administration it was not made 'official' so ATC coverage was not a priority at the time; a group of friends and I made the trip anyways. It's had more interest since we've started so I figured I'd put in a request for anyone that happens to be free - before the partying starts!

Thanks again,

Thomas - Fly UK

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi Thomas,

One other quick thing to take into account before you guys fly is your route.

If traffic is light enough that route shouldn't be too much of a problem. However if traffic is a little busy, you can expect BOS BAF V292 SAGES V489 COATE for entry into N90 (NY TRACON) airspace.

Cheers!

Thomas Agnew 1154752
Posted
Posted

Paul, I've p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed this onto the pilots in the form of a bulletin, and the routing you've given will be used for any future pilots doing this tour.

Thanks,

Thomas