You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xplane helicopters

Logan Friedman 1173642

Logan Friedman 1173642
Posted
Posted

Why is it that ATC (likely MSFS users) cannot see xplane helicopters? I get asked almost every flight how a airliner can takeoff vertically and why from the helipad?

Is there some sort of fix to this? Or am I stuck with "say again your type"?

Logan

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ATC sees what you file on your flightplan. so make sure you are filing with the correct aircraft code for your type

if your flightplan sais your a 737 and you takeoff vertically, kinda leaves folks scratchin their heads

Logan Friedman 1173642
Posted
Posted

If I post the ICAO BH06, it says its a custom type? I can try a EC135=EC35 but say problem, none of the ICAO types get picked up in my flight plan.

Is there potential for my XSB to be corrupt? I've also noticed it will undo all my preferences after about 5 mins making my hotkeys disappear until i reset them

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thats one for Wade, hes heading up the dev team for XSB.

but for the Bell 206, the ICAO designator is B206, if thats what you mean by BH06

EC135 is EC35. if its not taking that one, its probably not recognizing it, not sure if XSB has an internal ICAO list it looks for like squawkbox does for FS

Logan Friedman 1173642
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply, my license says BH06, wiki says B06, too confusing! thanks again! ill check the ICAO codes for XSB

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Logan, even if XSB doesn't recognise your aircraft, you can still use it when you connect.

Then, when you file a flight plan, it will be there and then you can just set the equipment on board.

New York ARTCC

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

I'm pretty sure it's B06, here's a great list for all aircraft, not just helos. Luckily in english.

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/table_accodes_en.php

2vuh2cx.gif

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep showing as B06.

couldve swarn seeing it as B206. or maybe was just one of those little errors that became the norm online

Logan Friedman 1173642
Posted
Posted

Excellent, so after re-installing XSB its works fine. Had a controller confirm he saw me as a heli not a heavy!

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Yup, B06 for the bell. Logan, controllers only see a green dot (or their preferred colors), fixed wing or rotor. But we do see the tag of the acft type from the flight plan. We don't use MSFS for controlling, we have separate clients for this which doesn't require any sim. So by seeing you as a heli, meaning the tag on the green dot was seen as a heli type, which in your case is B06. I know your problem has been resolved, I just thought I will mention it .

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1