You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Jacksonville ARTCC Has New Training Chief

Bo Gercke 845743

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

Jacksonville ARTCC has hired a new Chief Instructor. We have brought on, from inside our ranks, Jack Harrison. I believe that Jack is more than qualified to help us get our Training program to the level that it needs to be to take Jacksonville ARTCC to being a premier facility on VATSIM.

A native of Chicago, Jack graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 2003. Jack than went on to flight school at NAS Pensacola, and Whiting Field were he finished well enough to select advanced jet training at NAS Meridian in Mississippi. Jack is currently preparing to "go the boat" to Carrier Qualify, and earn his Wings of Gold. Jack will most likely move on to become a US Navy F-18 Hornet pilot at the completion of training.

Jack has been with Jacksonville ARTCC since June of 2005 and has made quick work of becoming a fully qualified controller within the facility. After p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the Senior Student test, Jack became dual TRACON rated in a short two months time, while displaying excellent control techniques, volume control, and an excellent understanding of ASRC. Shortly after that, Jack went on to endure a personal Center OTS during a busy TGIF evening, which clearly demonstrated his understanding of Air Traffic Control, and Jacksonville ARTCC's airspace.

Jack is currently working on revamping our current training plan, and should have it completed in the coming weeks. You can contact Jack at jharrison@zjxartcc(dot)org . Please help me congratulate Jack.

Mark Polston 810032
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on the promotion, Jack. Very well deserved and I wish you all the best in the new position. I would also like to publically recognize the entire ZJX crew for their dedication in working towards achieving new goals set forth by Bo and his staff. ZJX has continued to produce higher traffic levels never before seen for their ARTCC, and I'm sure we'll see nothing but oustanding work as the ARTCC continues to grow from their new changes and goals. Well done!

Mark Polston

vZTL ARTCC | VATSIM Supervisor