You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant see other planes

Joe Collins-Graham 1181141

Joe Collins-Graham 1181141
Posted
Posted

This might be a silly question but a solution would be appreciated.

I can connect to vatsim through xsquawkbox but i cannot hear ATC or see other planes that are right next to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

ATC-

Be sure there is ATC online, CLR on the numpad is the default, then tune your radios in the x-plane cockpit to the correct frequency, I know FSINN and or Squawkbox has .com1, not sure if XSB does. If no ATC, 122.80 is the unicom.

Other planes-

Aircraft and situations tab, increase the number to at least ten, maybe 20. Pick up some CSLs to increase the likelyhood of the aircraft you see being the correct aircraft.

2vuh2cx.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Brendan,

Your advice to increase the number of aircraft in the 'aircraft & situations' menu is incorrect. That has absolutely no effect on the number of aircraft that will render in xsquawkbox, unless the pilot is using ACF-based CSL's, which very few people do.

That setting ONLY affects how many aircraft can show up on TCAS. It greatly increases the load time for X-Plane and the ram usage, so I would NOT recommend setting it much above 3-4, unless you have a TCAS fetish.