You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking To Be Airbus Certified

Sean Hatfield 1165048

Sean Hatfield 1165048
Posted
Posted

Hello again Vatsimmers. Tis been quite some time since my last pop here on the forums. Lady luck has not been so kind to my computer. After a total hard drive failure (which resulted in the total loss of not only my FS9, but all of my add-ons from airports, scenery, and of course aircraft), I have returned, reclaiming that which I have lost, along with my new toy(s), Wilco Publishing's Airbus Collection (both volume 1 and 2).

Now I already own a good collection of realistic commercial aircraft, which are highlighted below:

-PMDG 737NG (6/7/8/900 Series)

-PMDG 747 Queen Of The Skies

-PSS 777

-PSS 757

-iFly 737/NG Series (Personal Favorite)

-Level D 767

-Wilco/Feelthere Embraer Regional Jets (E135, E145, E145XLR)

-Wilco/Feelthere Embraer E-Jets Series (E170, E190, E1000)

-Wilco/Feelthere Boeing 737 PIC

-Wilco/Feelthere Embraer Legacy

-Wilco/Feelthere Cessna Citation X

And of course I can't forget the 2 Airbus Collections. Now I've browsed about youtube and gone through the docomeentation with my A/C, and I have the overall picture to bring the A/C up from a cold and dark scenario. But I'd like to go into a bit more detail with it. Get some seat time with someone here who is preferably an Airbus captain or has experience with Airbus aircraft.

What I can do with the Airbus series is slightly limited. I know how to bring the aircraft up from cold and dark, align the IRS, and program a flight plan. However, as far as fuel prediction, V-speeds, time and all that goes, I'm a bit lost. I can program the flight plan and thats about it. Would anyone be willing to "certify" me to fly these wonderful birds?