You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Color Profiles Not Recognized with Windows 7

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

The color profiles in my VRC.ini file are not being recognized when I load VRC on Windows 7. I am able to load the session profiles that we as an ARTCC have pre-coded into the VRC.ini file, but the color profiles aren't being recognized. Going to Settings --> Color Profile, I only see the default color profiles. The exact same VRC.ini runs on my older Windows XP machine without any issues.

VRC.ini on the Windows 7 machine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\VRC. Might that have anything to do with it? Should it be in C:\Program Files\VRC? I have a hard time understanding why that would make a difference, but I'm very new to Windows 7 to begin with.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Make sure you click on the 'Compatibility Files' on top while your inside the VRC folder. Not sure if this would do anything, but I'm using the VRC in a Win7 too, editing the VRC.ini won't help at all, you need to click on the Compatibility files and edit that VRC.ini that it'll show you. Hope this helps.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Romano,

Thank you so much. That worked like a charm. I don't know why, but hey...it's Microsoft.