You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for a low-traffic tower controlled airport...

James Lapierre 1185634

James Lapierre 1185634
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am looking for an airport with ground and air traffic control that is not too busy. Being new to to flying online, I want to be sure to minimize novice errors.

If there is a way to look up airports based on their current levels of traffic, that would be great.

Ideally, it would be in the area of the Miami sectional, but I'll buy another sectional if necessary.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

James

X-Plane (Version: 9.62)

Mac (Version: 10.6.6, Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5, Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

all the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D's in the Miami ARTCC are covered. Kendall, Ft Lauderdale Exec, etc..

online we have whats called top-down service, meaning even if you dont see a tower, the guys manning approach or center will cover whats under them.

so even if you dont see Tamiami Tower online, Miami Center or Miami Approach will be handling that service

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Also, you don't need to buy more sectionals. You can print portions of sectionals from skyvector.com, or, if you have a 2nd monitor, you can view/zoom/scroll them in real time on the 2nd screen.

Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted
Also, you don't need to buy more sectionals. You can print portions of sectionals from skyvector.com, or, if you have a 2nd monitor, you can view/zoom/scroll them in real time on the 2nd screen.

Very true. However, if you really want to have the charts they sell expired ones online for almost nothing.

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/7089

They're on a first come basis, so certain ones will be out of stock depending on how long ago the revision came out.

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

why buy old charts when you can get them free at most FBO's

$3 isnt bad either

James Lapierre 1185634
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone! Very new to this. Getting the duckies in a row so that I can do it up right!

And, thanks for the sectional advice.

James

X-Plane (Version: 9.62)

Mac (Version: 10.6.6, Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5, Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M)