You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

x-plane 9

Herbert Thomas 1186074

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

i saw the link for the download for xplane i downloaded the zip file but there were no exe. file to extract,what am i doing wrong

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
i downloaded the zip file but there were no exe. file to extract,what am i doing wrong

yur not reading teh dox

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

o.k so what do that mean

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

There's docomeentation included within the ZIP file. It explains how to install.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
o.k so what do that mean

First, please stop creating a thread every time you want to write something; this is the fourth thread you've started on the same subject.

What he means is, you haven't read the docomeentation. When you unzip the file, there's a folder called Docs. Read that docomeentation.

8942.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Herbert, to post replies to your posts, simply open your post, then click the reply button instead of the new topic button

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

i still need help getting the sb download for xplane and what version will that be so i know im down loading the correct file. thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

http://www.xsquawkbox.net

download at the top. make sure to check the install instructions

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

i downloaded the file thank you i read the instruction i unzip the file i put the file to where it sayed i should

XSquawkBox comes as a .zip archive. Make sure to download the correct version of XSquawkBox for your platform. Once unstuffed or unzipped, the XSquawkBox files for Mac and Windows are almost impossible to tell apart.

To install XSquawkBox, simply decompress the archive and copy the contents of the "for plugins folder" folder into the "X-System/Resources/plugins" folder. Important: The XSquawkBox.xpl file should be directly inside the X-System/Resources/plugins folder. The "XSquawkBox Resources" folder will sit inside the plugins folder, too.

When XSquawkBox is installed correctly, there will be an "XSquawkBox" menu item in X-Plane's "plugins menu". If you do not have a plugin menu, your X-Plane is incapable of running plugins.

but when i checked in my pluggin on xplane i dont see sb.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
To install XSquawkBox, simply decompress the archive and copy the contents of the "for plugins folder" folder into the "X-System/Resources/plugins" folder. Important: The XSquawkBox.xpl file should be directly inside the X-System/Resources/plugins folder. The "XSquawkBox Resources" folder will sit inside the plugins folder, too.

Emphasis mine.

but when i checked in my pluggin on xplane i dont see sb.

Please paste us a screenshot of your X-System/Resources/plugins folder. I'm guessing you didn't copy the files to the right place.

8942.png

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

o.k i will thanks guys.

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

how do you paste the screen shot of the file i copy but it wont paste to my post a reply any idea.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
how do you paste the screen shot of the file i copy but it wont paste to my post a reply any idea.

To post images on the forum, you have to upload them somewhere that's web-accessible like a picture-sharing site or your own website, and then insert a link to them using the Img button above the post editor.

8942.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

on your keyboard, look for the "print screen" key. push that to take a screenshot.

then paste onto any image editing program, MS Paint is fine.

save it as jpg or gif.

upload to any free image hosting site, photobucket, flickr, etc...

after you upload it, youll be given an address to the image, copy that address and paste here

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

did you get the xplane 9 screen shot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep

unfortunately i dont see any of the files in the install instructions in the screenshot, you sure you did that part?

i see the XSB VATSIM folder. thats not what the install instructions want you to do tho

i dont use Xplane but going by what the instructions say, you seem to have done it wrong, wait for Jordan

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
i see the XSB VATSIM folder. thats not what the install instructions want you to do tho

i dont use Xplane but going by what the instructions say, you seem to have done it wrong, wait for Jordan

Haha.. what Ernesto said.

Emphasis is perfect.

8942.png

Herbert Thomas 1186074
Posted
Posted

did anyone see my screen shot of xplane 9 pluggin to see if i got it correct

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
did anyone see my screen shot of xplane 9 pluggin to see if i got it correct

Herbert, did you actually read the posts immediately following your screenshot? The short and sweet version is that you didn't follow the installation instructions. Ernesto even went to the trouble of highlighting the parts you got wrong.

8942.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

now im confused. is it working or?

just minutes after highlighting what was missed you posted this

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=55265

so i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you were able to get it to work.

are you saying it is or isnt?

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
now im confused. is it working or?

just minutes after highlighting what was missed you posted this

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=55265

so i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you were able to get it to work.

are you saying it is or isnt?

Heh.. I should've read his other threads first

That doesn't look like any XSquawkBox dialog I've seen—they're internal to X-Plane, and don't look like Windows dialogs, like his screenshot does. I'm guessing that's from another sim?

8942.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if thats not how Xsquawkbox looks, its definitely Squawkbox 4

Herb, please make sure to use the Xsquawkbox forum for Xsquawkbox problems, for the Squawkbox 4 issues, use the squawkbox forum, they are two different programs

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

No, the shot isn't from inside X-Plane, it's of his Resources/Plugins folder. You need to put the actual plugin, XSquawkbox_VATSIM.xpl right in the Plugins folder.

2vuh2cx.gif