You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Dirty work? Someone needs to step up?

Pablo Norambuena 857610

Pablo Norambuena 857610
Posted
Posted

This is an email I have sent recently

I have just seen too much. So this is the story of a little boy in ZAU, who was manipulated by a big boy in ZAU, who should know better, but feeds from people hating him, he even told me himself.

No I don't have any proof, but I have witnesses, and those that know who I am talking about, can say the same thing, because apparently most members of the ARTCC have noticed, except fot the ones that have the power, the Staff of ZAU.

So I asked this person, who was in charge of the event, that if I could work CHI_B_CTR during the event even if I had transferred to another ARTCC. He said it was ok, but not to tell anyone. Ok so he was ok with it, he is part of the staff, so I listened to him. As I talked to him on ASRC, I was working center, not part of the ARTCC through the VATUSA roster, but through the website I was, which an Instructor once told me to use that. So the person was fine with that, he signed on CHI_V_APP for like 5 mins just to see him disappear all of a sudden. Then without asking, he signed into MKE_V_APP for another 5 mins, then TELLING ME, not asking, "I want to work center", I didn't answer at first, I was working a lot of traffic all around the ARTCC text, and voice. Then one warning, and as I typed back, he said "I don't see you in the visiting controller's list, I like my privilege to staff my ARTCC" First probably, the only reason was because there was traffic, probably not, he just wanted to get me mad. So he thretened me to get a SUP, so I said to take center pal. So then he signed to CHI_B_CTR to soon sign off in 5 minutes. Pilots were calling him, no answer, while I just sat there, listening. He also said I was not very good at English, English being my second language, I was offended by his comment, and so do many other people get offended by his comments.

Well many incidents have occurred in the past months, we don't get to request a position for the event, he [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns it, which I think is very unfair. The site is very old, and not updated much. Well I was har[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed by this person through emails, I sent the emails to the Supervisor, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance Chief of ZAU, he never responded back.

Nobody is telling VATUSA to step in and run ZAU, but I am telling that is time to really let someone else takeover and run ZAU, someone who is willing to step up, listen to people who contribute ideas, and make VATUSA, and ZAU ARTCC, a better place to control and fly. Many members have left because of this, and people have to realize what is going on, and that is why I am sending an email to all of you. Thanks

Pablo Norambuena

Pablo Norambuena

AAC/ZAU/ZAK

2610.png

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Pablo,

I think you should contact directly yor DCRM (Division Conflict resolution management), they may be able to provide better and timely response

cheers!

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Alex Goldstein 857161
Posted
Posted

Hey I don't want to start any problems here but considering I have transferred out of ZAU due to this same person Pablo is talking about I think he has a good point. I also recieved numerous emails har[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing me and it was resolved by us not being allowed to talk anymore. I do agree that someone needs to step up before ZAU loses some more controllers. I do not intend to "start anything" but that is just what I think but I have no place talking anymore since I stopped contorlling with chicago.

Alex Goldstein

VFR Trips - Coming Soon

The first online community specifically geared towards the common private pilot. Everything ranging from published VFR (Visual-Flight-Rules) trips to an online aviation community.

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

I'm going to step up to the plate and acknowledge that I have some individuals that dont like me. thats fine. I would like to contest the fact that these are overexaggerated stories intended to smash my credibility. I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you that like everyone else in this hobby I make the best attempt to get along with everyone, but sometimes personallity conflicts get in the way, and in this organization, age differences and maturity levels are of a wide range. Therefore I take these accusations with a grain of salt.

I have many witnesses that can attest to the fact I am a very easy going person and dont go out of my way to upset people. There is no need for VATUSA to step into the Chicago ARTCC.

I would also request that the moderator of this forum delete this thread, and those who would like to bring these accusations to please post in the VATUSA newsgroup on www.vatusa.org or the chicago newsgroup.. that link is posted in a seperate thread in this forum.

Thank You,

Nick

Pablo Norambuena 857610
Posted
Posted

Well I tried posting things in the Events part of the Chicago Newsgroup to soon find out that it was deleted because you were the moderator of the forum.

Pablo Norambuena

AAC/ZAU/ZAK

2610.png

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

I was requested by the owner of the forum to keep the threads clean. Only specific infomation about the events are in that forum, You non-agreement with the way the positions were [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned, which I may add was appproved by the chief, was not considered related information for the event. I deleted posts from 3 other people in that thread because it wasn't pertinant information. The owner of the forum is concerened with space and I am following his instructions.

Therefore your commentary regaring event procedures is most welcome in the General Chat section of that forum. I may further add you were the only person that had an issue with the event procedures, everyone was more than willing to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a position.

Lastly I have a feeling that this forum isnt the place for this discussion. I would contact you privatly by email, but do not want to get accused of sending "harrasing emails".

Thanks for your observation, and in the future lets discuss this in the Chicago Forum...

Nick

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

This really is not an appropriate venue for this kind of thing. You take this up via private email either to the ARTCC Chief or, if that isn't working for you, the VATUSA staff. Public airing of dirty laundry only makes you look petty and pretty much guarantees you don't get results.

Richard Critz

VP/Development (VATSIM26/VATGOV5)

VATSIM Board of Governors

VATSIM Network Team