You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Should I get this, or what do you reccomend

Thomas Carter

Thomas Carter
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have currently got the Headset Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000, and it looks like its gonna crack very soon, so im thinking i might need a new headset, ive been looking and the one that i have come up with is this one Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset. i have also heard that the Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB is a good buy as well. I was just wondering what do you think i should get, my budget is around £40, im looking for a good one.

Thanks

Thomas Carter

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
I have currently got the Headset Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000, and it looks like its gonna crack very soon, so im thinking i might need a new headset, ive been looking and the one that i have come up with is this one Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset. i have also heard that the Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB is a good buy as well. I was just wondering what do you think i should get, my budget is around £40, im looking for a good one.

I have the Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 and X31 headsets for our Xboxes, and just received my ClearChat Comfort USB in the mail yesterday. The Turtle Beach headsets sound great for games, given their larger drivers and full-sized ear cups. I use the X1 headset for both my computer and one of the Xboxes, and I find that the ClearChat's mic is definitely better. For chatting on Xbox live, the Turtle Beach headsets do the trick, but when I tested voice recordings from both the X1 and the ClearChat, the X1 has noticeably more noise in the background, and the mic gives a little more b[Mod - Happy Thoughts], while the ClearChat is plenty crisp and has a good frequency response for voice—and the ClearChat seems better for the VVL audio on VATSIM, which tends to be a bit boomy in many cases.

To be clear though, the X1 is an analog 1/8" headset plugged into a USB audio device, while the ClearChat is a USB device itself. This can account for some of the background noise.

I find that the X1 is a little too small for my big ears and I can only wear it for so long before they get sore. The X31, while comfier (bigger ear cups, softer padding) than the X1, is Xbox-only, so that's out for controlling or flying. I find the smaller ear cups on the ClearChat, that don't even attempt to completely cover your ears, are going to work better for me in the long run. They're not quite as padded as they seem, but they're much lighter than the Turtle Beach headsets and I still find them very workable. I got the ClearChat on the recommendation of many on the boards here as well, and I think they'll do just fine for flying and controlling.

HTH.

8942.png