You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Clarification?

Ted Au 1176285

Ted Au 1176285
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am normally using FSInn with FSX and have recently installed Xplane 9.64.

I was able to get XSB up, running, and connected to VATSIM with no issues. OK a couple of hiccups along the way but all connected properly now.

Where I am having some difficulty is understanding the difference between this XSB and FSInn as I was expecting some sort of user control panel; however, I see no such panel available.

Perhaps I missed something in setup or the docomeentation? And yes both the .xpl and the folder are installed to the plugins folder.

If this is normal-once connected how do I obtain a list of available ATC in range or failing available ATC how do I bring up the UNICOM text box for broadcasting intentions?

I do think I missed something in the manual

Cheers in advance for any guidance. I am looking forward to flying my newly acquired STM PC-12 online as it is LOVELY!

**edit**Ahhh I see from further investigation that no handy FSInn-style ATC minder exists so I will need to use VATSPY. I guess that clears that up. Still unsure of how to transmit over UNICOM.

• 2 weeks later...
Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Click "Show who's online" in the Xsquawkbox menu to see nearby ATC.

To send messages on unicom, tune 122.80, press ENTER to bring up the XSB command window, then type your message and press ENTER.

To make the command window sticky press TAB. To make it unsticky again, press TAB again.

Most of this is explained in the docs that come with the plugin.